Urge to breathe deep and shortness of breath. Please help.

Posted , 9 users are following.

My name is PARTHO DEY.

I am 23 years old.

I am a football player. Till june 7, I was totally fit and fine , and I still remember that I played football on that day with no issues. I use to play football  3-4 hours continuously and even did gymnasium but never had any breathing problems. But in the childhood  I suffered from poor digestion associated with chronic diarrhoea which took 10 years to cure with homeopathic medicines. I also had nasal polyp surgery done in 2012 when I was in 10th grade.

Suddenly some breathing problem started from 8 June ,2015 morning 7.00 am.

The problem started with swollen turbinate  and adenoids and deviated septum and at the same time changes in my breathing pattern.  There's a constant urge to deep breath with a satisfactory sensation.

Sometimes when that urge comes and I  breath deeply , i dont feel satisfied  and again i have to breath  deep until I reach that sensation. Sometimes I have to wait for the yawn to get full deep breath. This is going on the whole day after every 4-5 mins.

On july 6, 2016  i had a surgery for swollen turbinates, deviated septum and adenoids. But still the problem is there.

This problem is there everytime whether i am engaged into something or when i am ideally sitting or watching videos or even while playing computer games.

I am also having shortness of breath while talking, walking , climbing up the stairs or whether i am sitting ideal at a place. I cannot move out of house due to breathlessness. Have problem while eating food. As soon as i start swallowing, there is shortness of breath. Sometimes i cannot sleep due to this thing. I stay awake till late night and try to normalise. Also there is tinnitus in right ear. Have difficulty sleeping at night due to continuous noise in silence.

I am also having digestive issue like gas and bleching even after having home normal meals. My digestion is very poor.

This all problems has made my life difficult, i cannot attend college for lectures, i had missed my exams, i cannot spend time with friends, cannot start up with a job ,etc.

I have consulted many doctors including MD, pulmonologist,  gastroenterologist,  homeopathic physicians , psychiatrist etc and have done all my blood test, CT chest, PFT, Sonography, but all came normal. I took Psychiatrist medicines too but none helped. They just made me sleep and then i had side effects.

Doctors tell me that it is due to my anxiety. They tell that i think too much , i have something going in my mind, but the question is why would i do that? To be very honest,  there's  nothing wrong, i dont have any  fear or anxiety. I have completed my graduation with the same breathing condition. I didnt had any stress neither got panic during my exams too. I am regularly doing deep breathing exercises according to my comfort.

If anybody’s suffering from this similar type of  issues and have got cured by consulting some doctor or taking some medicines, then please give me the details. Please help!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi can i ask are you still having this problem? or is there any way i can contact because i'm having the same issue i don't know what it could be and i feel like its ruining my day to day living at this point..

• Posted

I have the same issues you mentioned along with having the same surgery with my nose as you. Had my surgery in Feb 09, 2022 ,got covid feb 21,2022. never had problems breathing but from sinusitis and deviated septum started affecting me end of 2021. Did you receive any new treatment that has helped you recover?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.