URGENT HELP NEEDED - DIAZEPAM

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi was hoping someone can help me. I suffer with severe anxiety disorder. I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and I was in an extreme state of panic. He prescribed me 5mg diazepam (14 tablets) to take twice a day. I did this for a few days and then just started taking 1 at night and had a follow up appointment with my GP who prescribed me 7 more tablets to come down off them slowly. For the past week I have just been having 5mg at night and have taken them in total for 13 days. I still have 3 tablets left. I have got myself into such a state of panic now that I am going to get withdrawal symptoms; I have a massive fear of having seizures and having read this can be one of the withdrawal symptoms. Can anyone shed some light on this after only being on these for 13 days. Thank you and sorry for the war and peace story x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also agree with Coby. You will be fine. Take it easy xxx
    • Posted

Hi Claire thanks for your response. I still have 3 left but haven’t taken any now for 3 days.  I don’t think I should start a taper now unless anyone thinks any different x
    • Posted

Hi. It's great that you havnt taking any in three days. That's amazing because I know from personal experience the hold that they had both mentally and physically over me.

I would throw those tablets in the bin and let that be the end of your journey on benzos, (plz God )...

When you see your doctor tomorrow ask him about alternative methods for your anxiety, because there are a lot out there.

I wish you the very best going forward and plz keep linking in on this forum because you are an inspiration to people who think that they can't do it. Best wishes x

• Posted

Thanks Raymond,  I really appreciate your support through this. Alls im bothered about though is that people are mentioning these delayed withdrawal symtoms. I have also arranged to have some CBT.
    • Posted

I totally understand that are brains are wired to expect the worst possible outcome..

You'll be fine. I promise..

Drink plenty of water and stay busy for the next few days and you'll be fine..

Well done. 😇😇

• Posted

UPDATE: hey everyone thank you once again for your loving support. I’m on day 4 and feeling okay but have diahorrea (sorry 🤨wink and extreme insomnia, I mean like getting only 2/3 hours sleep a night. Does anyone have any suggestions? I.e using an antihistamine to try and get some sleep. I’m struggling during the day because of lack of sleep. 

• Posted

The insomnia is a common withdrawal symptom. I listened to audio books, meditations, did yoga - anything that would relax my body because the relaxation/rest helps a lot. 
    • Posted

Is it? Are you aware of how long it lasts? Thanks I tried some meditation last night. Thanks for the suggestions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.