Urinary incontinence from Gabapentin

Posted , 13 users are following.

I joined this forum on behalf of my wife as she is not able to understand after stroke. I would like to knowif any female patient has experienced incontinence from using this medication. She has been on 1500 mg a day for approx one month and suddenly is having OCCASIONALY incontinence. If so I would like to remove this medication by tapering off.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Awfulness. Just peed myself after a nice shower,powder,and, getting, dresseed. I am not even old! Treating head and back pain. Noticing more & more side effects as werks go on.

• Posted

I've been on gabapentin for 2 years. It has been very helpful for the "pinched" nerve pain in my cervical spine. I take 600mg, 3x a day. Until recently, I've had no side effects related to the bladder. I do have memory loss, muscle loss, dry mouth, etc. Now I'm having incontinence that suddenly appeared one night when I wet the bed. Now I get up multiple times in the night to urinate. I do not make it to the toilet. I urinate down my legs all the way there! It is frustrating to say the least. I see my PCP next week to discuss it. We will see what that visit reveals.

• Posted

I have been taking gabapentin on and off now for a while over two years and I have a realize that it does make me incontinent I’ll just stand up and I am peeing myself I hadn’t taken it in a while because I was doing OK and hadn’t needed it but then I started having sciatica pain going all way down my left leg so I started taking it again and all of a sudden I realized that I’m not able to make it to the bathroom for this reason I’m going to stop taking it all together

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.