Urinary Tract Infection - pain is horrendous

Posted , 38 users are following.

Hello!

Was diagnosed with a UTI a week ago and finished my antibiotics on Sunday. I was thrilled because I went about 5 days without the excruciating pain I'd been experiencing. But as soon as I stopped the pills, my pain came back. My urine sample still tested positive for blood so I'm on round 2 of antibiotics. Has anyone had this constant pain? My pain is there all the time in the bladder area. Any things that helped? Cranberry juice?

Thanks,

Sue

3 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I dont have time to read all the posts here, (but have read over 30 of them) but i have had what started out as a UTI in 2-3-16 and because i am low tolerant to medication and food, i get strong side affects from all the meds and food if i eat too much of one thing, or too much water (more then a cup per day) hurts my belly badly becuz of abuse with meth when i was 21 (now 56)(even herbs/vitamins) and the UTI just gets stronger and my vagina vibrates like mad, and so far has not been cured. Soooo to remedy the vibrations cuz i can not kill the stupid thing, i tried Dmannose and it, along with Azo takes the vibrations and other weird sensations away for a time and when the Dmannose wears off the vibrations come back and i take another one and after 20 mins the vibrations are gone. Becuz i am low tolerant, 1/2 of a 750 mg capsule last me 24 hrs before the vibes come back! Thank God/Yh, I at least get some relief for a day/night and only have the vibes for a short time for it works again, but i dont want to be on this drug for ever-and my foot is killing me!!! I can not promise this will work for all of you, but it sure sounds like what i have been dealing with now (and cant kill) for 16 long months. I know it is E. coli cuz that is the only thing Dmannose helps/heals, it makes the E. coli stop sticking to our bodies so when we pee, we flush it out, but becuz of trying so many different meds, the ecoli is now in my left foot/mostly under toe area (it fled from the meds i took and took up house there) and it hurts badly to bend my toes, i can literally feel the ecoli in there and have NO way to get it out!!! sad  I found a drug/chemical, not sure exactly what it is. I know its a powder called 'imidazolium oligomers' that if you search it, will find that it KILLS e. coli in 30 seconds, SO my plea is, if anyone of you finds a place or know where i can get this product, PLEASE let me know so i can kill this monster inside me. I will keep you all in my prayers for relief and please let me know who this product (Dmannose) helps, so i know i am not the only one it helps! And if I find the 'imidazolium oligomers' I will certainly let you know! You can get the Dmannose cheapest online, And please have a blessed one!!!

• Posted

I get a UTI at least once a week and have found that cranberry juice/pills and dissolvable sachets make mine so much worse

I recently went on holiday to America and found a tablet which gets rid of my UTI, they are made by a brand called Azo and do several different products related to women's health (uti, thrush, etc), you can also purchase them on Amazon, so if anyone is finding that their UTI is not getting any better after using the juice/tablets then maybe this product would be good to try!

I am currently away from home and of course, only had 4 tablets left in my make up bag... low and behold I have a chronic water infectionsad

• Posted

If your UTIs are due to infection then they wont get rid of the infection. These only  anaesthetize your bladder,so taking the pain away. Have you had your urine tested when you get these episodes?  
  • Posted

Hi

I used to get UTIs very frequently many years ago until my doctor put me on a low dose antiseptic for the bladder for long term use to prevent reoccurance  I started off on 100mg of Nitrofurantoin and then years ago cut it back to 50mg  so I only take one each day I take mine with my evening meal and I really cannot tell you the last time I had a UTI this tablet works miracles really !  

• Posted

Hey Sue!

I had the same issue about a month ago. One of my friends reccomended I try Cystex for instant uti pain relief. I was nothing short of impressed and was back to feeling myself again!

I hope this helps you...

Claire smile

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great tips. It'll be a mission finding any of these meds in South Africa (where I'm writing from).

Just a reminder to all to take probiotics when treating your UTI with antibiotics. Just as I recovered from a painful AF uti, thrush also stopped by. Why must we women suffer so!

• Posted

I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing your bladder infections. I'm on my second round of antibiotics and I'm in terrible pain. My whole body hurts like when your foot falls asleep and it first wakes up and that tingling you feel all over. I feel that way everywhere my knees hurt and my feet hurt so bad so I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing your problem or found anything that helps

• Posted

Hi Sue,

I am sorry to hear your in a lot of pain, I have a uti infection and it's gone to my kidneys the pain is so horrible, I've had it over a month now, I Sat and cried the other night where I'd not slept for 2 days because of the pain, today the doctor has given me my 3rd lot of antibiotics, I'm diabetic so I drink lots and lots of water but it's not helping 🙁.

• Posted

dmannose works barutifully if the bacteria that is causing the uti is e coli. i will praise if till the end of time. please let me know if it works for you?
  • Posted

Yes, thse UTI are the worst, I had one in October of last year and another one in November, mostly no itchy, just a have to pee too much, and also blood in my urine again.

went away supposly and then this Wed the 3rd of January with horrible burning and itching could hardly drive my  car to the urgent care near me could function to get there fast enough since I was with my mother at time. For my primary doctor was all booked up for the next day.

I am on 3rd bladder infection, and this time the blood were worst than ever, so I going to an Urology center on next Wed.  Thought  the andboitdics were working for I was feeling better yesterday now the terrible itch is back again, so I am drinking more Cranberry juice and the AZO tablets again. Just awful and painful, hopefully find what is wrong or won't be able to attend my mother's 91's birthday party next Saturday night and plus I am supposed to be doing a wedding on the 15th of January as the wedding officiant/reverend. but if I am sick all time will not be able to go anywhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.