Uro-Lift Procedure

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello one any all.  I have talk to many of you guys on here about many of the procedures for prostate problems.  Have talked to Chuck many times before and after he had the Uro-Lift.   I had mine done on April 27, 2015.  4 implants The first 3 day was the worst. But after the first week all is great.  I don't get up at night and I am on no pills.    We all heal at a different pace.  I think one thing that helped me was having a catheter put in while I was under.           My doctor and I talk about it because I have a problem peeing on demand.  He was cancerned about clots.  Not a fan of the catheter but said yes.  I went home a hour later.  Evertime I peed I had a bladder spasms which made blood come out around the outside of the catheter.  Cleaned up alot.  The first one was in the hospital.  I told my son and he asked the doctor which said that was normal  I drank alot of water and within 10 hours my urine was clear.  I think it help having the catheter in.  Took it out 2 days later That first day it burned but after that it was fine.  They don't put a catheter in for this procedure but it may help if they did.  Would save alot of time back to the hospital..  Ken                PS................I came across this today when I was looking some things up  On ..... January 29, 2014 ...... NeoTract announced that the UK's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence ( NICE ) has issues an Interventional Procedure Guidance approving the Urolift can be done by UK doctors..........              

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I typically have residual urine in the bladder about 250-350 cc's. My doc says UroLift will bring significant improvement. Can any of you tell me your experience with residual urine a year or more after UroLift?

• Posted

Good evening Roger.  It is going on all most two  that I had the Urolift done.  My urologist put in 4 implants and it seam to be working very well.  I had a catheter for 3 days.  I had it done on a monday and by sat I was peeing very well.  A little burning the day the catheter came out but that was it I was not on any pills after because my doctor felt I did not need any.  If you have any other question just ask  Ken  
  • Posted

Hello Kenneth, may I ask if you had a median lobe growth or something else because I have herd median lobes are not favorabl efor urolift and I'm not sure what you mean by 4 implantsbut I agrre with not cutting things if possible, many thanks Brian.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.