Urolift

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am trying to find someone who has had the urolift done and find out the results

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just search through other Forum for conversations and you will find several discussions on it.... good and bad.
    • Posted

I have looked but I haven't seen any people that have had any length of time it's all been short periods of time
    • Posted

I guess I just want to really know I'm on Flomax and it seems to be working fine but would you get the urolift instead of taking The medication
    • Posted

It is fairly new. Have you looked at PAE also vey new but seems to get better reviews and the tissue is shrunk rather than tucked away for some future procedure.
  • Posted

Hello Bret;  I had the Urolift  in June of this year.  At first after the procedure I was only getting up 3 times a night to the bathroom.   Now after some  4 1/2 months later Iam back to 4 times a night.   I think atleast for me one of the "keys" to success is cut out drinking anything after 5:30PM.  Also cut out alcohal and caffeine.  That is tough to do because I love coffee, and an occasional glass of wine or beer.  In other words for me its a complete lifestyle change.  Like I said Iam still getting up 4 times a night.  Just for the record I had a "PAE" back in Sept. of 2014.  It also did NOT work for me either.  Don't really know at this point what I want to do.  It really gets to be a "real hassle" chasing all over the country for these procedures that do not work.   I had the PAE in Alexandria, Virginia and the Urolift in Joliet, Illinois.  I live in Omaha so both procedures required alot of "planning", air flights, hotels,  and insurance didn't pay for either one so very expensive for something that really didn't help me.  I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but atleast its the truth.  If I do another procedure and thats a "big if" it will probably be the gold standard "Turp".  I don't want to do that because theres a good chance that you can kiss your sex life good bye.
    • Posted

Thanks Chuck I'm not getting up during the night .The medicine seems to be working fine I just thought about not taking the medicine and getting the urolift instead my dr is recommending that's what I do but I don't want to create more of a problem that I already have
    • Posted

Bret;  If you are not getting up at night then I would highly recommend that you just keep doing what you are doing and don't try to improve on something that is really not a problem.  Like my Dad use to say "don't fix it if it ain't broke"!!!!!
  • Posted

Hello Bret.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  I was on many pills and I did not like the side effect of some of them.  The prostate was cutting the flow off.  I had mine done in April.  He put in 4 implants.  I am on no meds now and I don't get up at night.  I do watch what I drink but I do like sweet tea.  I try not to drink to late at night..  Urolift is only 7 years old my doctor has been doing it for 3 years.  Tale care and just read up on anything that you have done  Ken
    • Posted

Thanks Kenneth for the input I really appreciate it what was your doctor's name and where is he located
    • Posted

I live in Orlando Fl.  Dr. Zamip Patel  258 S Chickasaw Trail  Suite 200 Orlando Fl  32822 407-303-6865  Chuck is right if your ok now keep doing what your doing..  Good luck  Ken
  • Posted

Hi bret

I am having the Urolift done on the 23 of this month and will post my experience with it that same week and every week after

I hope that helps you

• Posted

Hi SYL; Please read this "carefully".  After the procedure is done make sure they flush you out and make sure that you are able to pee before going back to your hotel.  I had the "Urolift" done in June of this year in Joliet, Illinois.  They did not flush me out carefully and at 7:30PM that night I had to go to the "EMERGENCY ROOM" AND THEY HAD TO PUT A BIG CATHETER IN ME AS I WAS ALL PLUGGED UP.  Thought I was going to die before I got there.  They told me to "drink lots of water" so I did (about 64oz of water).  Well my bladder was "completely full" and I couldn't pee due to being "plugged up".  Hope and pray this doesn't happen to you.  If they catherize you afterwards and make sure you have a "good flow" you should be OK.  There are "clots" up there and that was the problem.  When I saw your post I thought I better warn you that its not as easy as they make it out to be.  My Doctor in Joliet, Illinois said "Oh don't worry that rarely happens".  Ya-Right.   I live in Omaha and had to pay it out of my pocket, plus flight for my wife and myself, hotel, food.  Just "trying to help you".  Hope all goes well.  GOOD LUCK  and keep us posted. 
    • Posted

Thanks chuck

I will make sure they do what u told me I don't know if it's just in ca but the rep from the co will be there supervising the procedure and I talk to the Urolift co and they tell me that the rep has to be there and it's not because it's the first time my doc is doing this procedure but each time he did one of them the rep was at his side when I made the appointment they had to make sure the rep was also free so I hope it will go ok but I will surely make sure they do what u told me thanks again

• Posted

Syl.  Yes that has been a problem.  Talk with you doctor.  It's up to him If he feel it's best.  I had mine done in April and had a catheter put in.  It was only 2 days and I peed with no problem after.  A little burning but that is normal.  It will be better for you and less painful and it saves time and money.  Ken  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.