Urolift painful ?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Is the Urolift procedure painful? My uro wants to give me just one pain pill and one valium pill and I think that i may need more than that.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had mine done with no pain pills, just chilled lidocane and it was the most painful thing I've experienced. It totally sucked, I was shaking after he was done and feeling like I was going to pass out, then he filled my bladder and went onto the next patient I had to stand up and try to pee it out.

If I had to do it again I would go with general anesthesia. He had some nurse talk to me during the procedure to get my mind off it but that didn't work at all.

• Posted

Ben

So sorry for that. Sometime I thing the doctor should have it done to know what is feel like. The Urolift should never be done when you are a wake.

I had mine 4 years ago with general. Having a nurse talk to you his not going to take your mind of someone sticking something in your penis and hearing a gun go off.

General Anesthesia is the way to go.........Ken

• Posted

I tried to convince the uro to give me more pain relief for the procedure but his nurse said no they will not so I canceled the procedure.

• Posted

Lew

That was your right. Are you looking for a doctor that does it with a general.

Good luck...Let me know if I can help you look...Ken

• Edited

i had it today with general. the pain is just short on unbearable. excruciating. no one prepared me for this. i need some potent painkillers asap. if your only up twice a night really consider seriously. I'm in real trouble.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I don't remember whether I was under light sedation with versed-induced amnesia or if I was completely unconscious...I think the latter. But anyway I had very little pain after the procedure other than when I peed for a couple of days. I can't imagine having that done in an office without sedation. Just the fact that the instrument is rigid and fairly thick would put me through the roof.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.