Urticaria and Angiodema together

Posted , 6 users are following.

After suffering from skin itching ,feet and hands ,large flat lumps ,some the size of a dinner plate ,all over my body, and in my mouth ,finally was seen by a Dermatologist (10 month wait ) I was looked at and told to take an anti histamine , and come back in 6 months. I ended up taking Piriton ,the one that gave me least side effects. No known cause for these two problems ,so how can a guess solve it, ?my body swells for no particular reason, to such an extent that sometimes my legs are so swollen ,I can't get my jeans on, and I hurt ,all over . Am I to put up with this for ever ,or can a private Dermatologist be more helpful ,because ,quite frankly ,I am at the end of my tether . ,and if these awful things are terminal ,,,I no longer care .

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

try increasing ferminted foods that will help balance gut bacteria. i eat non sweeten yogurt with fruit and eating whole foods and fiber .

Gut flora, or gastrointestinal microbiota, is the complex community of microorganisms that live in the digestive tracts. also helps to take a probiotics in supplements. this has helped the cases of itching/hives that can be miserable. everyone is different just thought to mention that gut flora can be a issue and probiotics helps balance the gut flora especially if yeast is dominate in the gut.

hope your getting all the info from your derm that you need to get over this and find a solution soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.