Urticaria with Xolair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ! I have urticaria from 3 years ago, i don`t know what to do, i tried all but all medications for this urticaria, medrol, prednisone, anti histaminc, and i was at all doctors and in final i arrived at the best in my country and she said to try xolair, i`m in the 4 months with xolair and nothing happened, please help me if you know something else, i am able to try everything, this urticaria destroy my life

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, i've been diagnotic from ciu and xolair is my treatment, the regular dose of xolair for ciu is 300mg each 4 weeks ( sorry i ´m french person my english is so bad) but i was on regular dose for the first 3 months after a big rash my doctor put me in a double dose 300mg each 2 weeks, this dose was perfect for me since 2 1/2 months… I start at 40mg of reactine and now I'm at 10mg, i know that's not the regular dose and its hard for assurance agrement ( exceptionnal dose for exceptionnal medicament) but its works for me !

Claudia

• Posted

Glad to hear that you found something that helps you but I sure hope Xolair will work for me cause I just got approve this week after nearly 4 years of suffering so bad it's even in my face. I start May 16 with Xolair god I hope it works suffering so bad especially at night. I tried Reactine at 40mg and did work for me but so glad it works for you and I know how happy you must be cause it's so depressing and itch so bad and now i get even some bruises.

• Posted

Keep changing antihistamine including ordinary cheap syrups. With these I got rid off Urticaria within a year long time back.
  • Posted

I feel so bad for yoy I suffered for three yrs also so I can imagine what your going through.  I'Ve had 4 shots of zolair so far and it's kind of working it did'nt cure me completely but i havent had a big outbreak since.  I notice when i get very anxious I get itchy and have to take more anti histamine.  I'm still taking my meds 50 mg of apo doxipin which is a anti depressant but for itching and 10 mg of singulair and 20 to 80 mg of anti his depending on the day.  Are you watching a little bit of what you eat to.  Have you ruled out everything else?   Please reply and let me know how you are doing?

• Posted

Hello ty for your reply, i have 17 years and this urticaria destroyed all my best period from life, i took all the anti histamine, all, the only medicine that works it`s medrol but have side effect but it`s the only one thath works and is my single chance... Xolaire didn`t works, i`m in 4 months and nothing, it`s so hard, when it`s sun i feel big rash on my body, only when it`s hot, when it`s cold i`m normal, i don`t have nothing but when it`s hot out i can`t leave house, i stay with air conditioning 24/24 in summer.
    • Posted

Where do you live?  If zolair does'nt work it could be something keep pushing them to find the cause don't give up.

• Posted

I live in Romania, i was at the best medic here but nothing works for my urticaria.
  • Posted

33 years old, i try prednisone but side effects was terrible, i change anti histaminics at 3 to 6 months, before the double dosage of xolair… it can be the solution for you too? Talk to your doctor for 300mg each 2 weeks ? I hope you will find a solution, do you have angioedema ?
    • Posted

I don`t have angiodema, i will try to talk with my doctor about this, ty.
    • Posted

I live in Canada. For ciu, isn't simple, try try try and hope find the perfect dosage of many medicaments for u, and hope be free of ciu one day. If u want u can add me on

Fb claudia piche

Good luck

Claudia

• Posted

Hello, sorry about the problem your having, well I'm in same boat as you and had this rash over 4 years and now I just got approve with my health plan to get Xolair and i hope it will work for me cause it's driving me crazy and now i'm getting some bruises and it's even in my face now and can't hardly sleep at night cause it gets worse at night. So i pray to god that it will work and I hope you find something to cause I know how you feel and it's ruins your life, take care and wish you so much luck.

• Posted

If I have an advice for you, if xolair work at the first or second injection try to stay confiant… but sometimes itches can re appear… for a relaps… i hope it will be the last time for me… cause yesterdays i have an angiodema lips… no one can understand our condition… only person living with this!
    • Posted

Well i hope it works cause it's been nearly 4 years and now so bad even in my face. Yeah, I agree with you only person living with this know's and it's very depressing cause can't sleep and do things so itchy and drive's you crazy

• Posted

Claudia i just got my first two shot yesterday and so far the best I felt in years just a very little tingling in places were i had very bad rash so still to early to say if it's great but will see and going back June 13 for check and maybe some more shot not sure thank you for any information so kind thanks again for caring

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.