Urticaria with Xolair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ! I have urticaria from 3 years ago, i don`t know what to do, i tried all but all medications for this urticaria, medrol, prednisone, anti histaminc, and i was at all doctors and in final i arrived at the best in my country and she said to try xolair, i`m in the 4 months with xolair and nothing happened, please help me if you know something else, i am able to try everything, this urticaria destroy my life

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello

I am so sorry that you are suffering with this Urticaria. I am now 65 and have struggled with CIU three different times in my life each time lasting for two years with a decade  after each time with no hives.  The first two times I was able to control the Urticaria with antihistamines having to take them everyday.  This past time two years ago no doctors were able to help me and I was miserable...tried everything including Xolair ( it works for some but not for others ) it did not work for me.  I found a wonderful doctor at Johns Hopkins that was able to treat me....such a blessing.  Urticaria is a auto immune disease.....mine could have been due to stress each time.  She very slowly and gradually  put me on Cyclosporine until I was up to 150mg..or 200mg. I cannot remember...the hives were better but still broke out so she added Prednisone slowly until hives stopped, then stayed on the cyclosporine and Prednisone for a couple of months then slowly cut back on the cyclosporine took many months going down 25 mg at a time.....still no hives then very slowly lessened the Prednisone......took over a year to go down went through a lot of 1 mg at the end.  I am now down to 1 mg of Prednisone as she wants me to stay on it for awhile as I have been going through a lot of stress in our family.  I have been in remission with no hives for over a year..  my doctor is such a blessing.  My Urticaria was SEVERE and quality of life was horrible with doctors not being able to help until I found my doctor at Johns Hopkins.  I also take L-glutamine each day...good for the gut also many take Quercetin for inflammation.  

there is hope.  I thank God for my doctor.  I hope this helps.....share this information with your doctor and hope it will help others. 

Wendy

• Posted

Thank you Wendy for answering me and I just went yesterday for my two shot of Xolair and today so far just very little tingling in spot where i had such bad rash but never felt this good in 4 years so far but still early to be very happy but I'll take one day now of relief and I have to go in June 13 again for check if need more so for now I'll wait but will keep what you said in mind for sure cause I don't want to live with this especially now that I'm planning to move and live in Europe this year so thank you again I really appreciate your helping

• Posted

Can you say me how you took the prednison and cyclosporine ? From the beggining to the end, please..
  • Posted

was given ibuprofen to relieve me of cramps after child birth and other post natal drug. I was given a month supply with I used judiciously for up to a month. One day I woke up to see some redness on my skin and it was itching. It later spread to other part of my body my ankles and arms. It continued for up to a month before I realized it was hives. On that faithful day I was about using the ibuprofen and the other drugs. I took my instructions book and read and I discovered that I have overused the drugs and I might be suffering of hives. I immediately called Called my health care provider and she has me to stop using the drugs, that the hives will go. I waited for the hives to go buy to no avail. I Google about hives and the cure for it. I realized there was no real cure. It was a 50/50 chances even with drugs. I tried benadryl which help a bit but the hives persisted. I also used piriton which help dry up the hives but it kept coming back.

One day, I sat down to think about my life and was scared it could be life threatening for me. And then I remembered the creator of the universe. The one who create the blood and water, the one who formed us in his own image, the king of all kings, the alpha and omega, the one that knows the beginning from the end. And so the spoke with my creator to take away this hives and asked for forgiveness of sin. I prayed into water that he should turn the water to the blood of Jesus and I drank it with faith. I did that for two to three days and so my healing began. Like joke the itching reduced, redness and swollen reduced gradually and here I got healed permanently.

I got healed I thank God. For you to enjoy the benefits of healing. You have got to re- trace your step to the maker. Jesus Christ. He alone can heal completely because he is the creator. I beg you that is reading my story. Kindly accept Jesus as your lord and Savour. This are end times. All sought of things are happening everywhere. Making heaven is imperative so as not to go to hell. Everything the Bible talked about the end time are happening.

Jesus loves you and came to die just that you and I may be saved and inherent eternal life. A simple prayer as lord Jesus I know I am a sinner, by your mercy kindly forgive me, I accept you as my lord and Savour with my heart and my mouth I confess you are lord over my life.

It that simple. God bless you as you make the right decision today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.