Using aloe Vera with turmeric essential oil

Posted , 11 users are following.

HI,

I JUST STARTED USING TUMERIC ESSENYIAL OIL 6 DROPS WITH ALOE VERA GEL. IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE BURNING AFTER APPLYING IT? IS IT TEMPORARY OR SHOULD I STOP?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You must be very, very careful when using essential oils on your vaginal area. It should be a very small percentage in your carrier. I would stop using it, then possibly restart with a dramatically decreased dose. How much aloe are you using?

• Edited

I tried this mix but it burnt me as well so I washed it off straight away and didnt use it again.

• Edited

IVE BEEN USING ABOUT A TABLESPOON. SHOULD I JUST USE MAYBE 1 TO 2 DROPS OF OIL. I USED ALOE BY TSELF BEFORE AND FELT A BIT OF BURNING.

• Edited

That is far too much to put in a tablespoon. I would try aloe first, if that goes well, add 1 drop. I would definitely not use more than 1-2 drops in a tablespoon.

• Posted

HI , be careful as we are all very individual with LS.

my advice wash it off and do not use , if you have any burning .

I have also felt burning using aloe vera and so do not use.

Hope you are not too sore xx

• Posted

I had the same burning reaction and had to discontinue use.

• Edited

IM STARTING TO WONDER IF ANYTHING WORKS?? I FEEL LIKE IVE TRIED EVERYTHING. I FEEL DISCOURAGED..

• Edited

My LS is in vaginal and anal area up to my tail bone area. I have found that organic aloe helps mostly in the anal/tail bone area. I've learned over the past year that what I do for one area may differ from another area. So I moisturize more in the vaginal area, and try to keep the tail bone area dry. With that being said, I am going to try a low dilution of the tumeric in aloe. It can also be added to a carrier oil if aloe irritates, which I will also try. I will let you know what amount I use and the effects. I know that others have had success with tumeric.

• Edited

I haven't tried using that turmeric combo yet as the only aloe plants I have located were all knocked out of their pots and in bad shape. But in general I would say it would be wise to start with a much more diluted mix and work your way up if you need to rather than work your way down. I ordered an essential oil mix made specifically for LS but was not able to use it due to burning. I have recently communicated with the woman who owns the company and she very kindly offered to replace it with a weaker salve, but I think I need to be very careful with even mild mixes of strong oils.

Not sure if the reason is my symptoms don't warrant such strong remedies or if my body simply can't tolerate them. I also don't use clobetasol ; triamcinolone which is a weaker steroid that works well for me.

• Posted

HOW OFTEN DO U USE TRIAMCINOLINE CREAM? WHEN I USE IT 2 WEEK I GET FLAReups

• Posted

Lisa, if twice isn't enough try three. My doc says I may need to experiment with what works for me. But you want to use the least amount possible. Overdoing it causes problems.

• Posted

BTW, Lisa, I was not able to click on your comment from my email. Had to get to it via someone else's comment. Not sure if others can open it.

• Posted

A good salve is one made with oils infused with healing plants. That is what I make. I am studying to be a certified aromatherapist, and although I am going to try the tumeric and maybe one other EO, generally speaking they are very potent and should not be used on mucous skin areas. However, hydrosols (water-based plant material) and infused oils or salves are still therapeutic and much less concentrated. I am using a salve I made that is infused for moisturization and it does not burn. Also, use all organic ingredients to avoid pestiside residue.

• Posted

Hi Christine , can i ask what you have used to make your salve please , I find most things irritate me including aloe vera sadly .x

• Posted

Hi Suzie, I use chickweed, plantain, and calendula. All organic. I infuse into extra virgin olive oil, then add beeswax. All organic as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.