Using aloe Vera with turmeric essential oil

Posted , 11 users are following.

HI,

I JUST STARTED USING TUMERIC ESSENYIAL OIL 6 DROPS WITH ALOE VERA GEL. IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE BURNING AFTER APPLYING IT? IS IT TEMPORARY OR SHOULD I STOP?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can certainly recommend Nancy KB's suggested mix of two tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel mixed well with 4 to 6 drops of Turmeric Essential Oil.

As with anything, the quality of Aloe gel can vary, so if you can look for the better versions, certainly if you can find a one that is specifically for treating skin conditions as it is often used for treating after sun issues. Additionally, drops can vary in size - so you need to be careful in just getting small amounts per-drop - as no doubt has also been mentioned, I would start with getting an Aloe Gel that is right for your skin, then once you are completely comfortable with that (@ 3 weeks with no adverse effects) I would start with a mix of 2 small drops to 2 tablespoons of quality Aloe Vera Gel, if no adverse effects from that I would then move to 3 drops per-two tablespoons and try this for at least 4 to 6 weeks. If again you have no adverse responses move to the 4 drops after this per-two tablespoons.

Most likely you have had the mix radically wrong to get an adverse response ....

• Posted

It does sound too strong, but it may also be an individual sensitivity. I could not tolerate an essential oil blended specifically for LS by a person with LS and sold as such. (Note: there was no turmeric in it.) It was already in a base so no diluting was indicated.

Based on that uncomfortable experience I think it's wise to start very weak and go very slowly. This may sound a little crazy, but I could not even tolerate the odor from the closed bottle in the night stand after that. Body saying NO? Maybe.

• Posted

Stop. In the beginning I was trying everything and anything and I always was sorry after. I won't even use base moisturisers. I got on top of my symptoms with the betnovate steroid and castor oil in between. It did take a few weeks to feel normal again. Going through a flare up now as I started swimming in a pool again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.