Using halobetasol (Ultravate) but still experiencing itching.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Three weeks  ago I had a visit with my dermatogolist.  After seeing my Gyn who said I didn't have a yeast or anyother type of infection. The dermalogist said I  was having a mild LS  flare-up (some red  small areas and mild itching) but in keeping with my treatment plan she said I could start using halobetasol once a day pairing down from twice a day. Well... work related stress, caring for  my elderly parents and having  a slip up with sweets this weekend (which I had cut out of my diet)  I believe have made the itching worse. I've started to use the halobetasol twice a day again and I was so itchy today that I wanted to apply it third time. I'm seeing the dermatogolist this Friday so I'll see what she has to say. I've noticed that my crotch down there is very warm or hot. I mentioned this to my dermatogolist she didn't seem to have an answer. I was wondering if the halobetasol is causing the area to feel very warm. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wil, stress plus sweets will do it every time for me. Have you watched the presentation on how to make the most of the treatment? (I'm posting the link here)

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/dr-goldstein-lecture-271556

I wonder if you're using too much of the cream? After a year, I'm down to twice a week and have occasionally had the itch enough that I use it two days in a row. 'Mild' is such a subjective word! You're lucky to have so much access to a dermatologist. Where I live in Canada there's a major shortage of them.

• Posted

Thanks...Morrell, you're right I might be using too much. I realized what I'm doing is doing to small dabs a day. I probably should apply  one pea size dab a day instead of two half pea size twice a day. I was wondering if you've experienced your privates feeling very warm to the touch. I was wondering if this is part of the LS or the halobetasol. I'm seeing a neurologist today at my dermalogist urging. She feels some the vulva pain is neurological coming from my sciatica or sacrum. I'll keep you posted. Thanks mil...be well. Yes, I'm lucky finding a dermatologist and I  know that they're  not so easy to find. 
    • Posted

Oh, that's interesting. I've heard of bladder pain being muscular, curable by physio.
  • Posted

Hi Wil, I too have had a hot undercarriage- That is inflamed-  The clobetasol is a potent anti inflammatory hence the need to use it while one has a flare up

I have been away form the iste for a week and have been interested - and saddened to see just how many people on this site have had or having horrible stressful times.I am begiining to think it is how we manage or react to stressful event s that  will affect our autoimmune systemsI am not an "alternative" advocate, but essentially a holistic advocate, and thinking that the fight or flight hormone - cortisol - needs to be "contained" in some way. We often cannot flee - arthitic joints make too much noise - and are painful - so it must be for each person to find a way to dissipate the chemical from their system. Exercise is the classic way. Many find meditation a great help - I have never got to grips with the skill - however there was some evidence indicating that the brain changes in those who have managed to meditate  regularly were important in managing aspects of the individual's ill health, not just the placebo effect.

Hope the heated nether regions cool soon

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.