UTI After 8 weeks Post Hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve developed a bladder infection 24 hours after 1st.sexual  encounter with my partner 8 weeks post hysterectomy. Has anyone else experienced this. In addition, I had a lot of pain in my back of vaginal area. By the way, we only had vaginal intercourse. Please helpsad 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I will be 3 month’s post op from hysterectomy. I’ve had several issues that I’ve shared with group. You guys have been great! My latest concern is resuming sexual relations. A few weeks was my first experience and developed UTI and pain/ chaffing.  I went to the doctor due to the UTI and staining the bed with blood. Today, was my 2nd. time after recovering from UTI. I had no staining the bed, but I have light blood while cleaning up. Has anyone else experienced this? I did use lubricant for the pain. I was fortunate enough to receive this bit of advice from one of you lovely ladies. 

I’m concerned and placed a call in to my surgeon. ,,, Amy suggestions or thoughts?

• Posted

Keep using yes vaginal moisture during day and also intercourse.Also coconut oil is soothing in vagina.

It can be very normal to have a bit of pain. I ain't got to that but yet😮😮

Keep using d mannose before and after sex and as preventative.. You may find you need to use a vaginal moisture every day..I do or i feel 😝..

Also ovestin estriol cream for healthy vaginal tissues and moisture is good to off your doctor.. I'm swooping from vagifem to ovestin creamxx

• Posted

My friend, 

You are a lifesaver!!!!

My partner has been so understanding. 

He’s a gem!!! 

My personal email address:

I’m certain that we will be chatting within this forum, but here’s another 

contact option as well.

Thank you so very much.

I’ll be participating in the group, so I’m sure we’ll be running into one another 😂. XXOO

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.