UTI’s in meno

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi does anyone experience frequent UTI’s since peri? I keep getting them every few months , any suggestions ??

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes common.....due to ph levels being off and estrogen lessening.  Vaginal probiotics helped me, then taking certain precautions in not getting them again..
    • Posted

Can you tell me what kind of vaginal probiotics?snd where you get them?
    • Posted

Hi Amber,  You get them at a health food store in the refrigerator.....you insert them in the evening just before bed, when ph levels are off you are not only prone to vaginal infection but yeast infections as well.   Your urethra, vulva and vagina rely on estrogen to help fight off the bad, when your ph is off it is a breeding ground for bacteria to over grow.  Dmannose is great if the bacteria you are fighting is  ecoli.  Your going to have to change things up from here on in, white cotton underwear, no underwear at night, drink more water especially before sex, pee right after, wipe from front to back, and keep ph levels in check....you should be free from utis we have to be more careful at this time in our lives.
    • Posted

I do follow all of the above but still seem to get it 😅

• Posted

Hi amber I do get it too , when I get the symptoms of uti I start drinking glass of water and add to it 1table spoon apple cider Viber the organic one and do it couple times a dayes and it works like majic 😊good luck 

• Posted

Hi did you mean apple cider vinegar? Can that stop a urine infection? I will definitely try that next time instead of antibiotics , thanks 😁

• Posted

Sorry amber yes I meant apple cider vinegar 😂😂

• Posted

Yes ,yes ,sadly...yes. every few months. NOT fun. If yours shows up with bacteria, I've understood D Mannose to be incredibly effective. Look up on Amazon and see the reviews. For me.. no bacteria shows up so they are calling it Interstitial Cystitis. After much research , I started taking Quercitin. Also look that up. It has been effective with relieving them clearly along with probiotics as the other commentor mentioned. Also Urogesic was prescribed by the urologist I saw bc the over counter was not doing it anymore with relieving the pain until

• Posted

... all cleared. (Not sure why it sent before I finished sentence!! ) haha. Good luck to you. Keep the faith!!!
    • Posted

thanks Kelly I will have to google all those things you mentioned to see if I would benefit from them!
  • Posted

D-Mannose is a godsend.  Buy it in powder form on Amazon.  Be sure to keep it in the fridge as it gets clumpy easily, especially in warm weather.  1 teaspoon a day with just a little bit of water added can really keep UTIs away.
    • Posted

I will give it a try do I need to take it every day?

• Posted

I have also heard great things about D-Mannose. It would be the first thing I would try if I ever develop that problem
  • Posted

Hi yes I had a terrible time constant UTIs and frequency in urinating ....I'm 55 and started hrt 8mths ago and haven't had a problem or infection since ....hope it stays that way! And hoping you get sorted soon it's so miserable Aly x

• Posted

Thanks for reply glad you found an answer I’m not keen on starting hrt though 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.