Vagifem and Gynest

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

My dermatologist suggested I use Gynest instead of Vagifem, and when I went to collect my prescription I was told Gynest is discontinued so they gave me Estriol instead. Is this just as good as Vagifem? I have not used it yet, or is it a cheap alternative which is common practice with some surgeries. Any advice or comments appreciated

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use vagifem and ointment twice a week

keeps it under control except for flare ups too much sugar can start it off

• Posted

I am using Vagifem now too, started on it about one month ago, was told to use it for two weeks nightly but had to stop after 5 days as began having a yellow discharge.  I started it again when that stopped, did another 3 nights and back came the discharge.  Things have settled down now though, just using it twice a week and my problem has been solved so I am quite happy on that.  Got to see my GP in a few weeks for a review so will ask to stay on it.  I find it very easy to use.  I am 67 by the way, and had to stop my Tibolone (HRT) because of a show of red blood cells.  Had an Ultrasound then a Biopsy (ouch) and was told I should stop the HRT, so I did.  Six months later and the problems were starting, so I took the steps needed to solve my problem.  I do hope you all find relief in one form or another, it's no fun being a post menopausal woman for some, is it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.