Vagifem for vaginal atrophy

Posted , 7 users are following.

The GP thinks ongoing vaginal pain is caused by dryness/atrophy (I'm 20 years past the menopause!).

We are trying vagifem while waiting for an ultrasound to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Has anyone used this and how did it go?

As an alternative she says full on HRT is still a possibility even at 62 (maybe another discussion there)

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you both. I will check out Sainsburys and Amazon.
  • Posted

Re the coconut oil - from a post by me a few weeks ago

"I've bought some organic cold pressed coconut oil from Tesco."

Apparently, it has to be 100% pure - i.e. no additives.

It was in the 'World Food' aisle, I had to ask and reject the coconut milk. LOL

Not sure how the price compares with Amazon or Sainsbury's but this was £5 for a 500g tub.

Holland & Barratt had it in for £15.89. cry

It does say 'keep refrigerated & use within 1 month' but I thought if I was only using it as a moisturiser (and not as food), it wouldn't matter too much about 'use by' dates but i did decide to decant it into 2 smaller pots that I keep in the fridge plus another small one that I have by the side of my bed.

Did you read the '101 uses for coconut oil' website that I referred to in an ealrier post?

My itch seems to have cleared up (fingers crossed).

• Posted

Thanks Polly, I am near Tesco tomorrow will have a look.
  • Posted

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. I have been experiencing severe pain, discomfort, itching and redness since Nov 2012 when I had a coil fitted (this was removed Oct 2013) I have reoccurring thrush, every month since Nov 2012. I am 33 years old and trying to get pregnant with second child for nearly a year. My symptoms seem to match vaginal atrophy but I am clearly not post menopausal. I was just wondering if being on the mini pill for 14 years and then the coil has destroyed my ability to make estrogen. I have an appointmrnt with Gp in 2 weeks and I am not leaving till I have an answer but I was just wondering if reoccurring thrush is a symptom also, I believe my problem isnt thrush firstly but I start with the itching and soreness externally, then ineternally and I then appear to get thrush. Any help would be welcomed as I really am desperate to know whats going on. My mood is quite low at times of soreness. Thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.