vagifem vs yuvafem ? what is your experience???

Posted , 25 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone was on vagifem then switched to the generic yuvafem? And what were your results? Did you notice an increase in symptoms after switching? Did you have any problems with the applicators?

Several months ago I switched fro Estrace cream to yuvafem. I was doing oknay on the cream but it was messy and you had to wash and reuse the applicator. But I have had some problem with the yuvafem applicator. To begin with it does not have rounded corners on the end like the vagifem , it has sharp rectangular edges, Everytime I use it I am sore the next day and I am thinking those sharp edges are causing some damage,  I have gotten very small since using this yuvafem and it can be quite difficult to insert.

Also I have had an increase in yeast infections( which goes great with the burning I already have) And I read the ingredients and the first one is corn starch, which is why we shouldn't use powder because yeast feeds on corn starch. I'm starting to think I should switch to vagifem even if the co pay is more

anyway let me know if you have had any problems if you have switched to yuvafem

1 like, 84 replies

84 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Donna

I also had switched from messy cream to Vagifem. The applicators have rounded edges so are not sharp. I am not familiar with yuvafem but would stop using it if the applicators are sharp enough to scratch you. Will do more harm than good.

• Posted

I've never tried vagifem because my ins co went right to the generic yuvafem. But I looked online and saw the difference in the applicators

• Posted

hi, i am new to this. I was looking to find more information and thankfully stumbled into this. My doctor has just prescribed Yuvafem but as i see all the comments about i am getting worried. I have bad atrophy vaginitis and am desperate to get better. Can you tell me what worked for you? I need alll the advise i can get.

• Posted

HI Donna ive never heard of the yuvafem, and im shocked that the company that makes this would make the applicator such a poor shape for use as well.Someone should tell them.

With Vagifem i was given this for vaginal atropothy and my urethra was affected to, This did help a lot but sadly i had to stop using them due to slight bleeding and period like pains after many years without any period.  Ended up having a scan to check all was ok which luckily it was but dr told me i had to stop using the vagifem and was offered nothing else instead. 

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Susan

I have vaginal atropothy and I also have tried to explain to my GP that is affecting my urethra. They don;t seem to get the point that even with everything looking ok from the outside we just know things are not right.

I feel swollen in that area get stinging and burning all the time not just when passing urine. Feels uncomfortable to sit down the whole area just feels strange.

When you normally walk around etc your would not know you have a vagina but when this is happening you have the symptoms all the time and it gets very waring.

What symptoms are you getting Susan and have you found anything that actually targets the urethra well.

Thanks

Sandra 

• Posted

Hi Sandra

Yes ive found something else now that helps. will send you pm  after eating lunch with details of place of purchase, had your exact symptoms, dreadfull i know

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Susan

How do I pick up a private message , cant see ut anywhere.

Thanks

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Sandra

Sorry you never got my reply, scroll to top of page and read on right hand side of page where it says you have new notifications, hopefully it will come up.

Really annoying this as someone else doenst seem to have received my reply either and i spent ages typing it all out too.confused

Let me know if you still cant see it

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Susan

Have the message now and have replied.

Thanks

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Susan

That is so discouraging that you had to stop the Vagifem as for many of us it is the only thing that works for us.  How long were you on the Vagifem before you started bleeding?  How many Vagifem did you use each week?  Was it 10mg each?  Years ago the Vagifem was 25mg but now 10mg.  I have been on Vagifem for well over a year now and so far I am doing well.......I pray it continues as this is what works.  There is the new Mona Lisa treatments out there but still new and is expensive and not covered on insurance.  Works great for some and some still need Vagifem........

• Posted

Would you send me the information also? I have the same symptoms as Sandra.  Thanks!
    • Posted

Hello Sue I am in the US and I am experiencing the same symptoms. My gyno is terrible. I will be looking for another as soon as my insurance kicks in. Anything I have learned about by condition I learned from doing my own research. Could you please let me know what you used for the stinging and burning I have atrophy from pelvic radiation and it is becoming unbearable. I have Metrogel but because of the "cuts" I think it may be too painful. Thanks in advance.

• Posted

I am so glad that I just read what you posted. I am using yuvafem.. And I have felt the exact weird feelings down below. It’s like pressure it’s like you’re constantly aware of your bladder my urethra is so irritated.I wondered if anybody else also had bouts of dizziness? And what did other people send in private message as a recommendation. Thank you thank you for your help
    • Posted

Hi just read your message about help with uretha soreness and stinging, i get told all tests say no problem, but it is agony, if you can help i would appreciate it thankyou

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Linda sorry for late reply, for some reason im not seeing replys sent to me in my email section. Cant give you the link as the moderator wont allow me too, it wont be sent!   You dont seem to have the option for me to send as pm either so can you send me a pm and ill reply to it that way

Sue x

• Posted

I also believe I have vaginal atrophy. I was put on Yuvafem and reacted with burning a few days later. Stopped it. Two months later, now still burning, swelling feeling in vaginal area. Uncomfortable to sit for any length of time. Can't wear pants or underwear, walking around in skirts. All vaginal cultures etc came back negative. At a loss!! Anyone have any helping ideas/responses?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.