vagifem vs yuvafem ? what is your experience???

Posted , 25 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone was on vagifem then switched to the generic yuvafem? And what were your results? Did you notice an increase in symptoms after switching? Did you have any problems with the applicators?

Several months ago I switched fro Estrace cream to yuvafem. I was doing oknay on the cream but it was messy and you had to wash and reuse the applicator. But I have had some problem with the yuvafem applicator. To begin with it does not have rounded corners on the end like the vagifem , it has sharp rectangular edges, Everytime I use it I am sore the next day and I am thinking those sharp edges are causing some damage,  I have gotten very small since using this yuvafem and it can be quite difficult to insert.

Also I have had an increase in yeast infections( which goes great with the burning I already have) And I read the ingredients and the first one is corn starch, which is why we shouldn't use powder because yeast feeds on corn starch. I'm starting to think I should switch to vagifem even if the co pay is more

anyway let me know if you have had any problems if you have switched to yuvafem

1 like, 84 replies

84 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I looked up the ingredients for Vagifem on-line. It also contains maize (corn) starch. It also indicates you may have increased yeast infections. I use Vagifem but  my insurance has changed that to Yuvafem which I will have to get next month. I will ask about the price difference since I am ok on Vagifem.

• Posted

trust me you won't be happy with the applicator. I'm going to ask my doctor for vagifem brand only tomorrow. I have three doses of yuvafem left but I dont care

• Posted

Hi Donna

I am still using Vagifem with no problems........and pray I will be able to continue as it's all that works.  I hope you will be able to get the Vagifem.  Please let me know the cost of them vs the Yuvafem.  The drug companies are making a lot of $$ !!

have a good day!

wendy

• Posted

picking up my vagifem tomorrow the cost with my ins is the same as the yuvafem 12 doses for $5
    • Posted

Wow Donna....that is great!  My insurance charges $200.00 for 24 tablets for Vagifem!........same for Yuvafem as well. 

I forgot to take my  Vagifem night before last and yesterday experienced some hot Flashes.....I guess that was due to the lack of estrogen being late one day.  All I know is that Vagifem has given me back quality of life for me.  Nothing else works........

• Posted

Well thats really great isn't, your given something to help with the irritation that contains corn starch which may cause yeast infections! Next thing we find out they are putting gluten in some of meds as well, already read they are putting it in cosmetics which is real bad for gluten allergy sufferers.

• Posted

Hi Donna

Do you live in Ohio?  They are doing clinical studies with the Mona Lisa Touch vs estrogen tablets in Cincinnati and Cleveland and are interested in particaparing in the study.  I thought you might live in that area.  It's exciting to hear that they are doing a study on this.  For all ladies.... I found this on clinical and typed in Atrophic Vaginitis....there is a list with additional pages on studies.

wendy

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I live  in Indiana close. I'll check it out. It is exciting they are doing a study maybe insurance will pay for it

somewhere down the road. My biggest concern with the ML is other than the cost, I am so allergic to lidocaine. And no one seems to have alternatives for me, I had a small spot of skin cancer removed yesterday from my chest and they did it will nothing to numb it . The dermatologist said they do not keep anything else, grr

I got too excited about switching to vagifem, my insurance will only pay for the generic so I'm stuck with yuvafem

• Posted

My Dr renewed my Vagifem prescription and indicated to get Yuvafem. My insurance won't cover generic only brand for that !!   

• Posted

Hi Jean

May I ask how much you pay for your Vagifem with your insurance?  So your insurance will only cover Vagifem if I read that right?

Thank you

Wendy

• Posted

Vagifem is expensive with the insurance companies for some of us.  It's sad that we may have to order from the Canadian pharmacies as they are much cheaper.......

• Posted

I am on medicare with an rx supplement. I pay about $50/month until I hit the donut hole- which just happened and now it is $70/month. Yes--will only cover brand name not Yuvafem. Many of the plans don't cover either.

But next year the formulary may change.

• Posted

Hi started Yufafem about 3 weeks ago and noticed I am getting bruising on my arm. Has anyone else experienced this???
    • Posted

I am on Vagifem with no side effects.  Have not heard about bruising with Yuvafem.
    • Posted

Hi Donna did you switch to Vagifem? Have you asked doctor if leg cramps were due to Vagifem or Yuvafem?  Have not heard of that. 

I hope you are doing well.

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.