Vaginal Atrophy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I've had vaginal atrophy for last 2 years and now find that if I try to have sex I have slight bleeding next day does anyone else have this? I can't take vagifem as I suffer badly with migraine.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi amber I suffered from vaginal autopsy for 6 years and I didnt know. its only when I changed my doctor to a female doctor she said thats what I had and gave vagifem which has really helped there is other alternatives hope you find one that suits your needs x
    • Posted

Thanks I'm not good with hormone treatments so will try to find a natural solution the bleeding is definitely a sign that all is not as it should be

• Posted

That must be distressing for you. My doctor told me that vagifem (pessaries) is only absorbed locally. ie. in the vagina. Maybe it's worth reading the online literature about it to see if it's something you can try.

Others have suggested applying coconut oil or vitamin e capsule oil.

I've seen a magazine advertisement recently for a non hormonal treatment, can't remember the name sorry. I'll get back to you if I find it.

Hope you can find something to help. 

• Posted

Thanks for taking the time to reply I've just started trying coconut oil but will try the vit e as well and be sure to let me know if you find the ad you saw in magazine

• Posted

When you mention vit e capsule do you mean to swallow or apply the oil locally?
    • Posted

Apply it locally.

Also my friend takes (swallows) omega 7, sea buckthorn oil, This helps with dry eyes, nostrils and vagina apparently! I guess it's trial and error to see what works for you. We'd be walking around rattling if we took everything at once that's recommended!

• Posted

I've found it Amber! It was in the Sunday Mail supplement. It's called vagisan. It has an applicator for internal use and can be appled externally too. Good luck x

• Posted

Maisie thankyou for bothering to look for it I will see if I can find it!😄

• Posted

Hi Amber

Not sure if you are menopausal but if so you could try HRT.  I started it 8 weeks ago and within a few weeks the total agony during sex literally evaporated!  I no longer feel like there is a boiling hot cheese grater there now!

Good luck xx

• Posted

I'm perimenopausal but I can certainly associate the feeling of burning grater!

• Posted

Hi daisylady

I am considering HRT.

Please could you share your experience on it so far? Sounds like it is having a positive impact on you 😀

• Posted

Hi Zoe

I would say give it a go if your doctor is happy to prescribe it.  I took over a year to pluck up the courage, just kept looking at it in the drawer!  This is week 8 and I do feel better than I did.  Especially in the lady department lol!  That was so painful it was wrecking my relationship.  I am hoping the libido will also improve but it can take 12 weeks for full effects.  Let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

I had that happen to me. Is the bleeding from the vaginal walls? I believe mine was. I also have polyps so that could have been it. I have vaginal atrophy so using a cream helps.
    • Posted

I would say it's from the irritated internal walls I just want things to go back to the way it was but don't feel that's ever going to happen now 🙁Can you recommend any creams that help?

• Posted

My doctor put me on a hydrocortizone cream but I had a tear that needed to heal. I know there are over-the-counter lubricants that help. Others have recommended Replen, although I could not find it in my area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.