Vaginal Atrophy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I've had vaginal atrophy for last 2 years and now find that if I try to have sex I have slight bleeding next day does anyone else have this? I can't take vagifem as I suffer badly with migraine.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Amber, I'm not 100% sure why you believe you can't try vagifem, but what your bleeding indicates is the your vaginal tissues have lost all their healthy cells and the tissue is so thin that they are tearing with sex.  Vaginal atrophy and dryness is not something to ignore.  

There are several ways to provide this area with some estrogen to rebuild and grow healthy cells again.  I suggest you visit with your doctor and see what options you have.  Possible even some estriol compounded cream in a small dose would help.   

• Posted

I was trying to find alternative to vagifem because it I felt it made my migraines worse will have to re visit dr again
    • Posted

Just an FYI, I do have a girlfriend that uses Osphena for vaginal atrophy.  Don't know that's a choice I'd make, but it seems to work for her.  Just google it to see what it is.  It's not hormones, but the explanation she was given is that it redirects the estrogen to that area of the body.  Not sure how it works exactly, but she said it is working for her.  

• Posted

Well I'll certainly read up on it can't say it's one I've heard d of before

• Posted

Hi Amber,

Sorry you're suffering

I also suffer from migraines. Have you actually tried vagifem or do you just not use it in case it brings on a migraine?

On Friday I'm having a total hysterectomy and not sure what I will be doing about hrt as my migraines are hormone related and have been a lot worse the last year or so (think I've been in peri)

Esmay x

• Posted

Yes I've tried using it but did not agree with me good luck on Friday 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.