vaginal atrophy woes

Posted , 8 users are following.

My dr has been treating me for what he thought was bacterial vaginosis. After months of no relief and running every lab test he could think of, he has decided that I have vaginal atrophy. I have been taking estrogen and progesterone for over 4 years. I am 47 and went onto menopause early. Today my dr gave me samples of Estrace vagonal gel to try for a week and return to see him in 7 days. I am bummed and a little scared. Can anyone tell me your experience with trying to get relief from vaginal atrophy? What has worked best for you? What do you use when you make love with your husband so that you aren't afraid that you're going to tear or burn really bad? I am intetested in both traditional medicines, as well as a more natural alternative. Thanks!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,  I suffer from something called lichen sclerosus which has similar symptoms to those you describe, particularly the tearing.  There is a forum for this problem.  It may be worth you visiting just to check it out.  Has your GP suggested a biopsy to ascertain if your problem is this.  Just throwing you another possibility.
  • Posted

Hi miss bg, for natural, try Replens from chemist. I now have Vagifem from Doc, she says it is not systemic (just stays in the lady bits) i choose to believe this. I now use this once a week.

xxxx

• Posted

Hi missbg, I'm so happy to read you are feeling better, it does take trial and error to get it right.  I was so down last week and also had the same problem you have but a new doctor and also some new med has been a help, I have a pach ( the same as before) whats new is magnesium in a liquid form and iron also liquid as she tells me it's better absorbed in to the system and for my dryness some caneston cream. My mood has got better I have even noticed it, lol even if I'm the only one. You will get it right good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.