Vaginal Cyst

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 18 and literally an hour ago realised a painful lump on the inner lip of my vagina... I really don't want to go to the doctor for this does anyone know any effective treatments I can do from home to get rid of it?!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have long been a sufferer of bartholin cysts - getting on for 20 years!  Some burst spontaneously, some you have no option but to have an op.  They are extremely painful - and I do mean EXTREMELY - so, if it won't burst, you WILL have to go to the Doctors (believe me, you will want to - the pain becomes unbearable).  If you start to feel ill (that is, have a fever) you MUST go to your Doctor as you are on your way to getting blood poisoning.  Usually, if it has reached this stage, your Doctor will have to come out to you as you won't be able to walk/drive.  When I feel one of these cysts coming on - I have baths that are as hot as I can stand - I actually find that it is other parts of my body that I can't stand the heat on - rather than the affected area - so, sometimes, I have resorted to even hotter water on a flannel and placed it in the area - which does encourage the cyst to burst.  I underwent an op on 10.07.2015 for a left sided cyst - and I now have a right sided one that I have managed to burst in this way.  How unlucky is that?  Once it is burst - keep having baths - bicarbonate of soda can help to draw out the "yuck" - the hot baths keep the blocked pore open enabling it to completely drain.  Hope this helps and Good Luck xx
    • Posted

thankyou so much Debra! so if you can get it to burst you are less likely to need surgery?! ahhh such a nuissance... 
    • Posted

I've only had surgery twice - the first time I had the cyst because I had no idea what it was and ended up in A&E as it grew with alarming speed and this last time as, according to the Doctor, "it is so deep in the muscle it will not burst on its own or respond to antibiotics".  Over the years I've had about 14 - so most times, I've been able to burst them and haven't needed surgery although I have needed antibiotics to clear the infection.  If it bursts - you won't need surgery (well, I never has) - as, essentially, all the surgery is is the lancing of a boil - so burst = no lancing required.  I do hope you make a swift recovery xx 
    • Posted

OMG so this thing keeps recurring once you get it?! sad((( does the pain and size usually increase overnight?? I have a school assessment tomorrow I really can't miss for somethig like this rolleyes 

thank you very much for all your help! 

• Posted

I have had ones that have, literally, grown in hours - 08.07.2015 I was fine, 09.07.2015 I was in bed all day (unable to walk), 10.07.2015 Doctor came out at Noon - 12.30 pm I was in the gynae ward at my local hospital - op done and home again by 8.30 pm!  Then I've had some that take weeks to grow .....................  Believe me though, whatever commitments you have, you will have no choice but to "miss" them - you won't be able to walk/drive .................. (sorry that's not very positive).  xx
    • Posted

Oh goodness that sounds horrible! So sorry you had to go through all that :O well I guess il see how it goes today then visit the doctors if there is no improvement! Thankyou for your help smile
  • Posted

Hi amy.i totally understand ur problem because just few days back i have got the same problem .i went to the hospital but no one came to see me not atleast once d then i got a homeopathic doctor he gave me silicea 30 c this will help in bursting the cyst d once it starts draining stop taking silicea d start taking belladonna 5 drops on 2 sips of water after 10 min. Take calcerea florica 12x 4 pallets. In 3-4 days u will notice a great change. Only this medicine saves my life otherwise i was feeling like i should die. U plz take this medicines all medicines r homeopathic

Good luck hope u will get well soon.

• Posted

Thabkyou for your advice! So these medicine thingys completely got rid of it for you? smile
    • Posted

Yes amy82493 this medicine is really effective now i have nothing not even a scar. I took this medicine for 10 days d the cyst gone completely. My doctors said that it will not go completely it will stay there like a size of pea but now its nothing.
  • Posted

Amy, the only thing I can add to Debra's comments is dont keep fingering the cyst as that may make a worse infection and dont try to burst it ...let it discharge on its own. As Debra has said if it gets big and painful do see you doctor..these cysts are quite common and your doctor wont be phased by it.         They can recur and often its the same cyst refilling.
    • Posted

Thankyou marina il make sure I do that because I definitely don't want it to get any worse! So they can sometimes just burst on their own?
  • Posted

Hey Amy,

First of all I hope you feel better soon. These are nasty things to deal with and as much as you don't wanna go to the doctors it might be the only choice you have. I've had these for just over two years now and last week was taken to hospital at 33w pregnant for a emergency drainage and marsupialization.

Trust me when I say, you'll be begging to go to the doctors if they get that infected. My advise even if you don't want to is go and get medication. I tried every home remedy you can think of and none worked!

• Posted

Thankyou for your advice! So I can go to a doctor and get medication that will get rid of it without having to get the surgery thingy? Thank you for your help and I hope you're well that sounds horribly painful!
    • Posted

Medication is only a temporary solution, if they are in fact bartholins cysts the only treatment to permanently get rid of them is the surgery.

It's not as bad as you think though. I probably had it was than others coz they couldn't just knock me out for fear of damaging the baby. I had to have a spinal aenestetic. The whole op took about 20-30mins and was done but I felt instant relief once the aenestetic wore off and no pain smile

The doctor will probably prescribe you two lots of antibiotics. My advise is as soon as you see a flare up go straight to the doctors and get the meds.

• Posted

I go to a website in Canada for antibiotics. I keep them on hand and when mine flare up....I will immediately start the meds. It seems to really lessen the severity and I am able to manage them on my own. Sitz bath to bring it to a head and then I will actually pierce it with a (sterile) pin to drain it. Pain relief is immediate. A few more sitz bath and it goes away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.