Vaginal dryness at 17?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 17 year old woman. As of these last few days, i've been having vaginal dryness, a lot of itching around my vulva and pain during intercourse. There is no discharge, and any wetness that i do produce is clear, has no texture and doesn't smell bad. I don't know what is causing it or how to stop it.

I am currently on an amplicillin (antibiotic) medication for ance treatment. I had used it months prior, but then stopped for a time because my ance has reduced. i wasn't sexually active at the time of usage then. i started my re-use about 17 days ago. 

I also recently became sexually active. My boyfriend and i had sex about 21 days ago for the first time. We always use condoms, and have had no issues with pain during intercourse or vaginal dryess before this past week. Niether of us have STI's (it was my first time and his second, but he had his first time was a year ago and was with condom and has shown no signs of STI's). I've had no issues utill now. I'm usually VERY wet during intercourse.

Almost 7 days ago, i had my period start. I used the same feminine hygiene products that i have always used, and kept myself clean and made sure to regularly change my tampons. I didn't feel any discomfor during that time. About 3 days ago, my period ended, which is when my issues started to accure. I became itchy and dry, causing redness and soreness (although i cannot tell if they are from irritation or my scratching). I've tried to stop scratching, but it's difficult. 

Also about 3 days ago, i re-shaved my pubic hair, including the hair of my labia majora. I've never had issues with shaving before, but i cannot rule it our as perhaps part of the reason for my itchynes.

I've had no lumps, warts, or sores. My pain is only when an attempt to penetrate my vagina is made. Using my finger and warm water, i was able to feel around my vagina and there is nothing different in texture than prior to even my first sexual encounter about 21 days ago. 

TO ADD: I also have to frequently use the bathroom, but i have had that before this month because i tend to hold in my bladder for too long. I don't have any pain when i urinate though. 

I've tried to research what is happening to me, but everything i do find, does not include all my symptoms or has symptoms that i do not have. Because i am 17, i do not want to go to the doctors and have to explain to my parents that i'm having discomfort, especially since they are VERY strict about my not having sex (yeah, that didn't work so well for them). 

Does anyone know what's going on with me?? Any cheap treatments? Or is this just so irregular i need to see the doctor asap?? 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m became sexually active at 17 and was always extremely wet and have been that way up until just recently (I’m 20 now). Lately I’ve been having trouble becoming wet, and the pain is only up penetration just as you mentioned. I began to read up on it and a lot of the signs don’t pertain to me either. The only one that did was antihistamines (I use a nasal spray containing antihistamines), making a dr appointment and staying away from the nasal spray is all I can do until some tests are done. Has your dryness been resolved? If so, how did you come about the resolution?
    • Posted

Wonder what ever happened to Janette? It's been 2 years since she posted. Helpful if people who have asked about a problem post what the solution finally was.

To those complaining of pain when trying to have sex while dry...yes, it hurts! You must have lubrication. What is causing the dryness is another matter.  I do think if it happens to a young person it is often related to medications being used or taken. 

It is also possible to have an infection that does not come up as anything identifiable (non-specific). I have had that experience. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.