Vaginal Dryness Relief after 3 years of Terrible Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I dont think I have to describe the pain or miserable dryness of you are reading this post because you understand already the loss of oneself, the stress, the lack of support, the loss of sexual relations, the doctors who don't understand and so forth. I suffered for 3 years being told I was not in menopause, taking hormones, stopping hormones, trying every lubricant, trying everything from peroxide and lard to Vicks vapo rub and all for not. Finally I came across PHemme Restore in a local pharmacy. It took 24days of daily use to start feeling less dry and then every two days maintenance. After a few weeks, I felt so much better. With patience relations progressed again using just a little Glide lube. You cannot possibly understand the toll on a couple when relations are gone and the anxious. Having it back is like some kind of precious miracle. It is not a cure but it is relief. I hope if you try it you will be as lucky as I was. I am so grateful.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Vicks Vapour Rub ?????????

• Posted

Yep. I was so in so much pain that I was willing to try anything I read. That burned miserably and I wouldn't suggest anyone try it.

• Posted

Gosh I'm sure it did!!!! I'm having the Mona Lisa Touch next month.There is no cure for vaginal atrophy apart from laser treatment.

• Posted

Hey Dotsie,

Did you have the MT treatment? Just wondering how it went.

• Posted

Hi Julie yes 2 weeks ago at The Eve Clinic in Birmingham UK. Performed by a consultant urologist. No pain.I had the outside done as well and had numbing cream applied to that area because of the nerves. No nerves in vaginal walls. Definitely an approvement but early days. 2 more treatments planned.Will keep you updated.

• Posted

I find it interesting you were able to submit a comment containing a product name, as when I do the comment is nearly always blocked. I will now mention a product name (as you have) to see if it gets blocked,

I sent away for a very strong smelling oil concoction called Restore that stung me so badly (presumably due to its tea tree content) I could not use it. Would this be the same as the one you purchased? According to the website it was made by a woman who was also an LS sufferer and came in two versions the stronger one being intended for LS.

• Posted

I don't know what you bought so I cannot comment if it is the same. PHemme Restore is sold at the pharmacy in my area. The box says made with natural aloe. The ingredients are the following :

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lactic Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylyl Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, 1.2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract

I have no affiliation with them and I do not sell it. I just made the comment because I thought it might help someone else who suffered like me for years.

• Posted

Para, That's a different product. The one I tried was a concoction of natural oils called Restore Natural Oil Blend that isn't sold in stores. I just went to the site, but could not find the ingredients posted (though I'm sure I read them there in the past). There are testimonials , so I assume it may work for those that can tolerate something so strong. I don't have the bottle with me so cannot list the ingredients, but it does contain tea tree and peppermint oils which my gyn had questioned when I told her about it.

I am hoping to plant some aloe in my yard to have my own source.

• Posted

i would love to try this but having difficulty sourcing it as i live in AUSTRALIA. Does anyone know where i could buy this online,and who ship it internationally. My husband goes to the US regularly so where is it available there?

• Posted

Very interesting.

I, too, am miserable with atrophic vaginitis.

I had it years ago when my Painful Bladder Syndrome was dx'd and took Estrace for it 3 times a week. Then I reduced it to once a week (on my own) and then stopped it altogether.

'Haven't been bothered by it in years until now when I just got over a UTI and seem to have relapsed into the atrophic condition again. Drat. I read that sometimes antibiotics can cause vaginal dryness. Ugh!

I hate my old urogyne and 'am not going back to him!!

I have some old Estrace I may have to dip into...but to get a new one I will have to find a new MD.

Drat!

• Posted

ro,

I don't know how old your hormone cream is, but it probably has a shelf life.

I learned, in my case at least, AV doesn't stabilize. I was diagnosed with AV after uncomfortable exams and was prescribed Premarin which I did not want to use. As I was not in any particular discomfort I chose to let nature take its course. Three years later, still with no obvious symptoms other than a fleeting vag itch I was diagnosed with LS which the gyn said was brought on by too little estrogen.

Have been using estradiol (just a very small amount applied nightly) since June along with a steroid for the LS. I would highly recommend seeing a knowledgeable gyn before running into more serious issues as I have.

• Posted

I don't know why my response posted as a reply to paraneslia as I clicked on reply to ro's message. Technical difficulties, I guess.

• Posted

Beverly, may I ask what steroid you take for the lS? I tried Clobesterol and 'thought it burned so I quit it.

Actually, I didn't have a biopsy to determine the LS but it was a hunch by the PA.

I find that the small amt of Estradiol doesn't nearly have the impact of the gram or two in the applicator.

Thanks.

• Posted

The steroid is Triancinolone Acetonide .1%

I am in the US. If you are in the UK it may have a different name. The strength is what matters. Clob is stronger.

I seem to be having more LS symptoms and using the steroid more often. I wonder if more of the hormone cream would have any effect on the LS. Sort of doubt it, but the gyn did say the LS was brought on by the lack of estrogen. I'm out of state and can't see her till May. But to be honest I think patients and doctors just try various things in hopes some combo will work as we all react differently.

I find the hormone cream makes me sore and need to take a night off now and then.

Gyn said to mix it with Vaseline to neutralize the PH. The experiment continues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.