Vaginal moisturiser

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hello ladies. I've recently been made aware of an excellent vaginal moisturiser that is available over the counter and on prescription. It would be excellent for ladies follow any prolapse surgery. Obviously I can't give all the details here but if anyone is interested they can send me a personal message.

2 likes, 204 replies

204 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've put my order in too !!! X
  • Posted

Hi to all who wanted to know what to eat so as not to get constipated, (before and after surgery.) I read that cherries and cherry juice have anti inflammatory effects so thought I try them for OA. They also stopped constipation, quite dramatically for me! lol wink Too many can give you diarrhea so take it easy until you know how many you can tolerate. If you can't get fresh ones, frozen are ok, I poach them and set in sugar free jelly but any form of sweetener you prefer. Hope this helps some of you. Best wishes Pollyanna UK smile

• Posted

Hi could you message me the name of the cream please. Thank you smile
  • Posted

And please could you message me too? Thanks Matron
    • Posted

I can't message you Mel because you've obviously not enabled the message facility on your account.
    • Posted

Sorry Mel I've found it. Will message you now
  • Posted

Collected my tube this morning and will try tonight. Have been very dry and tender past few days so fingers crossed. If it works lets hope gp will consider prescription for it.
  • Posted

Oh you've got my interest peaked. Do tell if you can pm me
  • Posted

I used it for the first time last night. Stung to start with and a bit gunky 😉. Not sure if it is doing anything yet though.
    • Posted

Am very sore today and have just spoken to Gynae clinic who have told me to go to A&E to be seen by Gynae staff 😢
    • Posted

Make sure you take the tube with you. It sounds like you could be allergic to one of the ingredients.
    • Posted

But had this discomfort/pain since Friday night. Did use cream till last night for the first time so doubt it is that
    • Posted

Well thee hours in A&E seen by doctor who admitted she didn't really know anything about Gynae issues. She examined me and said little bit red, no ulceration then called Gynae who said that they didn't have access to my notes and if no better to see my GP. Felt rather fobbed off.
    • Posted

That doesn't sound very good at all. It was always the policy that if a lady turned up at A&E with a gynae problem they would bleep the on call gynae registrar. 
    • Posted

She did call them but took her word that she couldn't see anything wrong.
    • Posted

I find that shocking barbara because they are not experienced gynae doctors in A&E. I hope you start to get some relief soon. Are you taking anti inflammatories? They may help the pain.
    • Posted

Aww bless ya that's about right isn't it..hope you feel better soon xx
    • Posted

Hi it's 6 weeks tommorow for me and I feel a little sore today 😟
    • Posted

Another rest day then debra. Have you had a bath yet because that could help?
    • Posted

Ok I am and I haven't yet but I'm goin to tonight am I allowed if so can I put anything in the water 😳😊
    • Posted

You're 6 weeks tomorrow so you are ok now but I wouldn't put anything in the water 
    • Posted

Like barbara said......it will be soothing and help you relax.
    • Posted

My Dr told me at 6 weeks to start sitting in a bath with Epson salt for 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure if this would help anyone, but it had helped me. I tried for the first time last Friday end of my 6th week to wear my thong underwear. Well pleasantly surprised it helps me so much with relieving the pressure down there. I also listened to Matron and have been applying coconut oil. But, I do sleep without undies since you will get a little sore from the undies. I hope this helps someone like it's helped me. Xo
    • Posted

I'm not really sure, but I wouldn't think so otherwise I would hope that my dr wouldn't have told me to do so. I have noticed that sutures are coming out when I go potty. But, I still feel good. You might want to ask your Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.