Vaginal pain and discharge, fullness and pain in lower abdomen, antibiotics not helping!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is going to be a long story with probably TMI.

The first sign that something was wrong was painful intercourse, to the point where we had to stop because I started crying. This was followed by more tenderness, redness, and a smelly discharge the next day. The third day, I started feeling burning after urination, and decided to go to a walk in clinic. They tested me for UTI, gonorrhea, trich, chlamydia, and pregnancy, and all were negative. So I was prescribed Flagyl as they suspected bacterial vaginosis. However, the redness, burning, and pain only worsened to the point where I felt pain when bending over or laughing, and I decided to go to the ER, fearing there might be an issue with my IUD. They ran all the tests again, including one for yeast infection, performed external and internal ultrasounds, and a pelvic exam. The IUD was where it should be, and the only thing of note in the exam was excessive discharge and redness. They gave me medication for the pain and nausea, and pretreated me for STI’s though the tests again came back negative.

It’s been two days since my visit to the ER and my condition has not improved.

It is here I’d like to add that two days prior to my first symptoms, I put a foreign object in my vagina. It was a tube I thought I might need to use to hold urine, as I feared I was going to be nicotine tested and had participated in vaping that morning. I took the test tube from the hospital I work at, and made sure to soak it in scalding hot water for half an hour before seeing if I could potentially hide it up there.

I am now wondering if I could have gotten an infection from the tube?? Is there any chance I might have contracted something like herpes that is causing this pain? Or is it a coincidence that they occurred around the same time?

I am running out of ideas and doctors to go to. I cannot afford the time or the money for another ER visit, and cannot see my OBGYN until a week from today. Any thoughts or comfort anyone can give would be so appreciated, as I am absolutely losing my mind and sleep over this.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You dont have to lose your mind. It will be fine. I can assist you. I have treated similar case some times ago.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! Do you know what the possible treatment could be? I've been on metronidazole, azithromycin, and ceftriaxone so far already.

• Posted

herpes wouldnt cause internal pain like pelvic inflammatory disease iv had it twice the first time they couldnt find a cause for it but treated me for all stds anyway even tho i tested negative i then got bv and got it again both times i got it my symptoms were the same as yours doctors are supposed to treat u with 3 lots of medication if they think its pid even if tests are negative my symptoms were pain when having sex discharge right side ovary pain which was quite sharp.. pain whilst walking ..leg pain and back pain u should have swabs taken again as some bacteria dosnt live for more than a couple out hours outside the body so it dies before it reaches the lab

• Posted

the pain you are getting is prpbably down to salpingitis

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! Do you remember what they treated you with? And do you think I should wait for my OBGYN appointment Monday or go back to a walk in clinic?

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying! Do you know what treatment for this would be? And what possibly could have caused it? I was not sexually active leading up to the time I had painful intercourse, and don't think this is a sexually transmitted infection.

• Posted

i dont know wat caused it the first time i got it they coulnt find a cause i was swabbed for stds and urine was tested i had a uti i was given antibiotics to treat that and treated with metronidiazole doxycycline and cipro the second time around it was cause by bacteria vaganosis a vaginal infection i was treated again with the same 3 a

lots of antibiotics and was given clindamycin vagina cream for the bv

• Posted

the first time round i had swabs taken from the vagina i had ultrasound plus a trans vaginal ultrasound they found nothing but treated it as pid and they are the 3, antibiotics that they use to treat it that iv listed above

• Posted

if the pain is severe and is enabling u from doing day to day tasks like it was for me go to a walk in clinic as it sounds like what u have is pid

• Posted

Thank you again, I plan on heading to the walk in clinic when I get out if work in a few hours to see if I can get some antibiotics that will actually help!

• Posted

Just got home and picked up my meds. Started cephalexin, pyridium (in case of a yeast infection), doxycycline, and fluconazole. Hoping for the best! Thank you for your advice!

• Posted

How soon after antibiotics did you start to feel better? It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I'm still feeling pretty bad

• Posted

they do take a while to start working but u should notice improvement within 3 days how long have u got to take them for ??

• Posted

ye i had the doxy for 2 weeks i didnt notice much of a difference in the first few days they took a while to work turned my toungue black too but it went away after i stopped taking them did u get fluconizole and have u took it yet ?? if not i recommend u take that last after the doxycycline as he doxy gives u yeast infection after takin it

• Posted

Ok, yes the doctor gave me two fluconizole, I took one but will save the second in case the doxy does give me a yeast infection, thank you!

• Posted

Hey again. I have still been having issues and a lot of pain. Yesterday I went to the OBGYN and they though it might be the IUD causing my pain and removed it. However, I am still in a considerable amount if pain today and can do very little physical activity. I'm kind of giving up hope, this seems like it's going to become a chronic problem.

• Posted

mabe see if it settles now the iud is out very strange the only thing i can suggest is to keep on at doctors until u find the cause some doctors just seem to fob people off

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but hoping to get to the bottom of some similar symptoms I have. Did you manage to treat your symptoms? Did they ever get back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.