Vaginal Sensation Going! Gone!

Posted , 20 users are following.

I am 48 years old. My periods have been crazy for a year. My question is....my vaginal sensation is almost gone. I can have an orgasm through clitoral stimulation and I have lubrication so I am not dry. It feels half numb at times and totally numb a few times. I get aroused and lubricated but during intercourse there is no pleasure sensation and a novacaine type feeling. I had saliva testing done and my progesterone is about zero while estrogen and testosterone seemed normal. I had CAT scans, MRI's, went to physical therapy for kegels, had gyno exam and nothing comes up. All is well. This is distressing for me. I tried a natural progesterone cream for a month but gave up because it didn't help any. I see on the internet that clitoral sensitivity goes down, but what about vaginal sensitivity and what can I do about it???? Does it last forever? My husband and I had a great sex life and now there is this lack of feeling in me and is breaking my heart!

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have a similar experience. I have an appointment in March that has the potential to help me find answers after decades of searching. Do you have any other health issues in your life or in your family? If you do, even if they seem unrelated to your sexual problem, they may be very valuable in helping you find answers and possible treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.