Vaginal ultrasound

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just had confirmation letter saying I have to have a Vaginal Ultrasound, has anyone had one of these? how long roughly does it take etc? I had thought I would have to have an MRI scan which I didn't want (claustraphobic) so I suppose this is the lesser of 2 evils but still a little apprehensive about it and worried it will start me bleeding again which I don't want as I alsmost died fro the last episode, just want to know what to expect.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi phoebe, As others have said, nothing to worry about. I have had two of these, the entire thing takes 20minutes as you have to get bottom half undressed and sit in a chair with stirups for youe feet, then the sonographer puts a condom on a probe, which is inserted into the vagina, it does not hurt, just a weird sensation of something up there but no pain. I would say make sure you take a wee before as sometimes they do push it around to get good pics. They may also at the same time do a scan on the belly as well, like a baby scan. I will not make you bleed if you are not bleeding when you go.
    • Posted

lol. you gotta laugh. My husband made me laugh the other day, saying what other kind of species could bleed every month and still survive !neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.