Vaginitis and vaginal atrophy

Posted , 9 users are following.

i was on another site but cant find it tonight

was wondering if any of you can help me. I had a very slight chest infection and was given antibiotics - antibiotics never agree with me somehow but had to take them. It was a ten day course but towards the last couple of days I felt my atrophy quite badly so it was decided the antibiotics had given me thrush. well I consulted a doctor and I was given a tablet pessary and clotramazole cream. The pessary had to be inserted by an applicator high up as possible. Did that and waited I didn't know what to expect I think it felt a bit better - that was last Friday. Last night was the night I take the estriol cream so did that and went to bed/sleep then this terrible burning and stinging happened it was the worst I have ever felt. I was back and forward to the toilet and the burning and stinging was the worst I have ever had. I tried the clotramazole cream - worse I could hardly stand the pain then I tried drapoline it wasnt much better but helped a fraction. well i contacted the doctor and would have been as well not bothering it ended up me asking if it was because of the estriol cream and the thrush pessary and he decided it was and to wait a while before I took the estriol cream again because the thrush pessary would last up to seven days. I am doing that but the pain is still bad - Have any of you any suggestion

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I never use vaginal pessaries or cream to treat thrush. They sting and burn me. i have vaginal atrophy that i am treating with estriol cream. I only use oral fluconazole tablets.

• Posted

how are you doing now I found eventually the estriol cream at last works for me

let me know how you are

• Posted

Hi Olive, maybe an allergy pill might help you, If its still bad, drs told me to try that too when I flare

• Posted

I couldn't find your posts

YOLANDA I have never ever felt anything as bad as what I have had lately. I couldn't even sleep, in the end I gave up. All because the antibiotics I was on caused thrush and the doctors didn't consider the estriol would cause a reaction.

Since then I have been using drapolene and it was instant improvement and have used it all the time since and it is much much better.. It was someone on here a while ago who recommended drapolene.

The doctors here don't really bother and its a case of feeling a fool if we contact them about this.

• Posted

Oh I know, I have an a cold and afraid I might need antibiotics and dont want to start the merry go round again. I cant use decongestant, because blood pressure and give me bad palpatations etc. ugh glad you got some relief

• Posted

on top of it all husband got his pre-assessment date for hip replacement 6th of MARCH need to arrange extra carers for our son because can't do it on my own.

Still think at the moment anyway the drapolene is helping but know I need to take the estrogen cream too so tonight is the day I take it will see what happens. Have felt better with the drapolene but can only be short term because everything there was shrunk so know it would be a matter of time before it was really bad again.

Antibiotics and me are no use either and now that the thrush seems to have appeared it would have to be desperate before I Take them again. Certainly not taking the pessary tablet again that was a bad decision by the doctor and I didn't know any better.

We are burdoned with this forever

What are you taking now

• Posted

a cold is caused by a virus, antibiotics work on bacteria, they will not help a cold

• Posted

Thanks Suki, I know that, but I had a fever as well , fever gone now but congested, using some Flonase, or Allegra and hoping it clears up soon. Been 10 day, maybe I had a touch of flu

• Posted

Down there i have been using the Estradiol, and Vaseline outside a little bit, and only water, to wash

• Posted

Hi Olive! How are you ? Ive been once again back and forth with issue of itching after antibiotics again, no end to this craziness , had a bad sinusites that needed meds

• Posted

hi YOLANDA

Do you eat quite a lot of sweets. One of my daughters kept buying chocolate limes and every time she was in she had three bags for me. She said pace yourself mum you don't need to eat them all at once. Well I was eating at least a bag a day - every evening. I had a huge flairup really bad toilet ever half hour pain and burning like nothing on earth even when I felt i needed the toilet the pain in my bladder was really unbearable. I had read here that too much sweet things affect vaginal atrophy and whatever else we have so I have stopped eating anything sweet except a dark chocolate digestive now and again and the difference I know is unbelievable. I havent had the constant burning and feeling my inside was falling out. It is maybe nothing to do with sweets but since I stopped eating them there is a definite improvement. its maybe the estriol cream at last helping I don't know just know I am apprehensive about eating sweet things. think antibiotics causing thrush is as bad as the atrophy.

Are you feeling any better with the estriol cream. I Still take it twice a week using two half amounts..What a disaster this is for us especially if we can't eat what we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

• Posted

sorry about the rubbish at the end fell asleep with my hand on keyboard

• Posted

Olive you are so right, I am foolish worse than a kid with Sweets, im going to try and stop. The cream has helped, but those dam antibiotics wrecked me again, good hearing from you!

• Posted

yolanda since I stopped eating sweets my condition is much better. I use the estriol cream half applicator twice a week and don't know why stopping sweets has made such a difference. I am afraid to say its a LOT better in case it returns with avengence as it has many many times before.

I also have a little basket with about two dozen facecloths and every time I use the bathroom make sure I wash everything off because I read an article about doing that to stop UTI's I wash the facecloths every morning in a washing liquid I got in COSTCO that describes itself as free with nothing harmful like perfume in it. I wash them at 60 degrees.

how are you? did the antibiotics do the same as before. I will never forget my last episode with antibiotics resuling in me having thrush and doctor giving me an applicator and pellets to insert a pellet into my vagina to cure the thrush. Never again will I do that. I was in agony for three days. I had to wait for the pellet to disolve.

hope you are ok

• Posted

Hi Olive, well the antibiotics caused problems for me , rash and all again, im trying to use over the counter yeast cream, maybe to see if that works cause diffucan cant be always used im afraid it will stop working then what. Been back to dr he did culture but neg and i am still not right but thinks i should be on 100 mg a week difucan again ugh, if this doesn't help i guess ill try that again. He still says water there only and me tioned mona lisa to me cause he does that but if its yeast on skin., maybe thats my problem , dont want to mess with mona lisa. Time will tell but the antibiotics did this but it baffles even my GP dr they look there and say not yeast but im irritated and itchy

• Posted

was wondering how you are now.

HOW has everything been over the summer

• Posted

HI Olive, I'm so glad you are doing better. Diet means so much to the bladder - stress, also,

I've got myself in a pickle last week when I freaked out over my husband's medical tests -didn't sleep, totally stressed plus I took 2 hot baths which I love but I think dried my urogenital area out all over again. They (baths) are my weakness! He did fine - but I messed up getting a mini bladder problem. Lesson learned.

No more cookies from your daughter, right? Glad you are better!

Ro

• Posted

Hi Olive, been thinking of you also! Been ok for a while but its back with itch and burning again.Dr gave me boric acid pills to insert but i don't know if i should try them. Appointment next week if not before. Wish I could say things are better! Dr tells me to do the Lazer skin thing but im not! Hope on your end you and family are doing well

• Posted

can't say I've had a wonderful summer. I've been a bit better but its still hovering in the background. I am still using estriol twice a week half an applicator on a Saturday and Wednesday. I seem to be a bit better with the stinging and burning and the terrible feeling in my bladder and not being able to get to the toilet without wetting myself then hanging onto the toilet till the stinging passes. What i've had again is UTI's and know one was caused by drinking lots of fresh orange turning my urine acidic and the recent ones I think are stress related. Also I would still wet myself when I get out of bed and I've had a pelvic floor repair so its not that. I told you our son has multiple sclerosis the very worst form, just like everything else with me, and he took a seizure. Thank goodness he hasn't had another one. Think it could have been related to him having a chest infection and high temperature at the same time my husband had two hip replacements and he does most of the caring and can't just now so I've been very stressed doing so much. He is getting better very slowly men are not good patients. Although we do have carers now its still stress related. There's still so much going on I keep taking UTI's are you completely clear of taking UTI's? its so annoying.

it has rained here since yesterday and more forecast tomorrow we are definitely affected here by global warming.

let me know what's happening when you see the doctor again

• Posted

Hello Olive Happy New year! Been ok , some relief for a while, then bam!I was eating oranges maybe to many lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.