Vagisan cream v peseries

Posted , 7 users are following.

What is better vagifem cream or pesseries would appreciate some advice. I have heard the cream is messy I have suffered with what I thought was a urine infection for weeks but it was clear . Now figured out it's vaginal astophy. Got burning. Pressure. Feeling like a full bladder and very dry. Tried replens but not doing much. I have heard the more sex you have the more oestrogen your body will produce not sure on that one

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As u age, u make less and less estrogen. If your in menapause your not making any.
    • Posted

Hello Jenny I am well over menopause have been for a few years now but V/A has just set in before that I was doing amazing . So angry with it all
  • Posted

Hi Angie,

I’ve had AV for over a year now and I have only just recently got it under control by using Vagifem 10ml twice weekly (pessarie prescribed by GP) and a small amount of pure organic coconut oil inserted into the vagina every night. This has worked wonders for me and I haven’t experienced any type of mess during the day. Hope this information helps.

• Posted

Thankyou so much I am definatly going to give the coconut oil a go it sound perfect
  • Posted

Hi Angie i can def say the vagifem pessaries worked well for me. The dryness and everything shrinking down there can indeed feel like a UTI but what usually happens is the results come back as negative. Its a thing called  vaginal atrophy  which can make it feel like a UTI.   My dr said the vagifem pessaries help plump everything up in that region including the urethra.  Sadly i had to stop using them but most are ok. just beware of period like pain and blood stained discharge, if this happens get it checked out. With me no long term damage but had to stop using the pessaries sadly. I found sex to painful. But ive had five sons and now a slight prolapse so probably this not helping either. 

Sue 

• Posted

I have four son's I am so hoping to get back to a normal life again I am going to give this coconut oil a go as well . I will try anything to feel normal again. Hope you find something that suits you soon

• Posted

Angie im using this stuff called multi gyn active gel, not cheap but it def helps and i also use the coconut oil as well. Dr. said there's nothing that works as well as good as the vagifem pessaries though. Hope your one of the many lucky ones that get no side affects.

• Posted

I don’t find the cream messy. I insert it before I go to bed so that it is in all night. In the morning it doesn’t drip out. I just notice some on the toilet paper when I wipe after urinating the next day. Having said that, I had kids by c-section so maybe I am not as ‘open’ down there was some women.

i didn’t get on with the vagifem pessaries anyway (they made me swell up too much inside), so cream was the only option. I use ovestin cream.

• Posted

Yes i think in your case its def got something to do with fact youve had c -section and can well see why for you using the cream would be far better, yes once given birth things are def left more open. Dont think the cream would stay in there long enough. 

• Posted

It would probably stay in at night while you are horizontal at night but may drip out once you get up.
  • Posted

Angie

I tried the Vagifem twice and had not so good experiences. I use Estrace Cream.. initial dose was 1 gram daily for 14 days, then 1 gram 2x weekly thereafter. But I've done so well with it in down to just a half gram. The great part about the cream is you can use it on your outer bits and it works tons faster than the Vagifem pill insert. As Suki said, there's no leaking if you use it at night before bed, and I had 2 vaginal births plus a vaginal hysterectomy. Just a bit on the toilet paper in the morning. The cream is pretty thick and stays put. I however don't have to use anything inbetween such as coconut oil.. I agonized over which one to use and I happen to like the cream better, especially in the beginning, it was very soothing and my bladder became happy within the first week of using internally and on the urthera itself.

Good Luck!!!

• Posted

Thankyou all for your advice. I am seeing my doctor in 2 weeks and have ordered coconut oil as well I am so desperate I will try anything . Sex has gone out of the window and so tired from getting up all night
    • Posted

Try taking sea buckthorn oil too. A very good study showed that it increased the thickness of the vagianlvaginal wall of women who had thin walls due to vaginal atrophy and is c9nsidered a good alternative for women who cannot use hormones. However, while it improves the condition of the vaginal wall skin cells, it will not increase natural lubrication. You need to take 3g a day. The oral tablets are 500mg, so I take 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. I managed on that, plus coconut and vitamin e oil (break open a 400iu oral capsule, squeeze it out into the end of your finger and insert) for a few years until the dryness got too much and sex was painful despite use of load of lubricant. At that point I tried topical oestrogen.
    • Posted

I could have happily continued with the sea buckthorn and topical oils and no help from hormones if it hadn’t been for the fact that I enjoyed sex too much! I have never had any discomfort from vaginal atrophy on a daily basis, just during sex.
  • Posted

Hi I have not heard that the more sex you have the more oestrogen the body produces I would also be interested to know if this is true I know or think that having sex increases blood flow to the vagina ? Not sure either ? I would like to ask if anyone has issues with going from one extreme to the other from hot sweats to feeling freezing cold I experience this when I need a prescription for vagifem then when I've taken the recommended dose the issue goes or I am wondering if this is infection associated with being sore no idea just so unpleasant.

• Posted

Hi Kathryn I think your right about the blood flow thing I have heard this too . Ad regards more sex more oestrogen I was told no it does not work like that . I am starting to wonder as well if I have a prolapse. I go to the Dr in 2 weeks so hopefully will find out think you freezing and hot must be some sort of infection honest get it checked
    • Posted

Having sex increases the blood flow to the vagina because during sex there is a surge of blood into the area. This in turn improves the condition of the vaginal wall cells. It also increases the general moisture levels of the vagina because of the production of natural lube during sex. It doesn’t affect oestrogen levels. Drs say the best way to keep your vagina in a good condition for sex is to have sex. Basically, use it or lose it. Having said that, my hubby and I tried having sex at least 3 times a week but I still got gradually dryer and eventually had to use ovestin cream. 
    • Posted

Thankyou suki. Much clearer I think use it or lose it is right but I think I will still need some oestrogen inside for all the other symptoms I am getting like burning when weeing itching dryness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.