Van's Treadmill

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yay.... I did ten minutes on the power tek machine today!!! Mind you, I was flippin' exhausted just running the cable to the the socket and finding the on-switch - standing on the machine was a doddle after that!

Did some squats and calf-raises on it then jumped off quick cos it's right next to the window and the postie suddenly appeared. I thought the sight of me in dressing gown, makeupless, puffing and panting, gasping and wheezing whilst visibly and inexplicably wobbling like a jelly would be more than the poor soul could suffer.

Bright and sunny here so perhaps the thaw is on its way. Hope you're all well.

Stitch

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Stitch - you and Van both feeling ropey. Hope you feel better soon

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Hi all,

you are right there Jacee - i developed a really swollen and sore throat as the day wore on yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't progress. Seem to have almost permanent low level inflammation going on with temps and throat recently. Feeling suitably sorry for myself but promise I will be making the most of it and milking every last ounce of sympathy from those unfortunates around me!

GERD - a newly acquired little extra for me - seems to have taken up permanent residence too. I do have a pet theory - all my own - that my recent temps etc are connected to my problems with the occasional aspiration of food particles into the lung. Will 'chat' about that, and aspects of GERD, when feeling better. In the meantime, love to you all and please do forgive my recent dwindling participation - due to my current sorry state. I will return with gusto shortly I am sure!

Lots of Love to you all, Van XXX

• Posted

Hi Van, GERD is terrible and mine seems to be getting worse. Will await your next post /theory re this with anticipation.

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Hi Both,

So sorry to hear you've been in the wars too Van. Mine seems to have lifted today - I hope so as, besides feeling sorry for myself, I was frankly scared. I think the recurring infections of recent years has left a fear and dread in me. Anyway, I hope you're as fortunate, Van, and that it's all cleared up now.

I don't know what Gerd is so will look forward to hearing about that.

And... wait for it... I made the 10.30 appointment!!! I followed your tips and put some music on which was good. Still only the ten minutes though as I didn't want to push my luck.

Much love to all,

Stitch

• Posted

Hi Stitch, Oops! I was not there at 10:30 as I exercised early (about 7:30) to get it over with for the day - you can tell how much I enjoy it can't you?

Vanessa's exercise class @ 10:30 tomorrow then ??

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Have to admit, Jacee, I wouldn't have done it without the thought of having to tell you I'd failed again. :roll:

10.30 is good for me, tomorrow it is then!

S

• Posted

I missed it again :oops:

I didn't forget, just didn't have time as son needed taxi service urgently and I didn't get home till 5pm where i promptly slept from sheer exhaustion.

Will try harder tomorrow. Did anyone else manage it? Andy?

• Posted

I was there, Stitch. Bit late though - it was nearly eleven when I noticed the time.

Jacee

xx

• Posted

I've missed it again. I woke up and had to dash son to dentist again (he's broken a tooth), got back at about 12.30, have eaten - and now have got to take him back for 4pm!

Am going to have to put foot down after this (not on the accellerator either!) as it seems that all energy is being spent on driving here there and everywhere... :cry:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.