Vanessa's Exercise

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Vanessa,

How is it going?

I'm finding it really hard to get motivated at the moment. I did pul rehab and more than doubled my walking distance so they referred me on to the main gym. I did really well there too - but then two more doctor's referrals came through which clashed with the gym times. I tried to change one or t'other but couldn't... so I went out and bought two machines. Then I promptly came down with a stomach bug so couldn't use either!!!

Now, once more, there's nothing to stop me but I'm just not getting onto the damned things... I came to your thread because I read it once before and it inspired me to have the success I had...

I know from your successes how much I need to be doing this but something went out of me with the last 'interruption' and I've just not got it back yet.

Does anyone else do exercise?

I started this new thread because I wanted to leave your other thread for your updates.

Love and thoughts,

Stitch

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh god, I haven't done anything yet today... this thread is a good reminder isn't it! I'll be back when I've done some...

Stitch

• Posted

Well, love the idea of the music - and son brought Tubular Bells out of attic for me, along with Bat out of Hell and (cough!) Born to Run.

However, I wasn't able to have music today because I wanted to try the DVD of a workout on the new Power Tek machine.

OMG, it looks soooo easy watching the vid, and is soooo easy just standing on it, as I've been doing so far. This time, I 'just stood' or did gentle squats for about seven mins then did about five minutes of the workout - that's all I could manage!

Did about 90 secs on the ex bike at level 1...

Then hobbled away, gasping for England. Heard son laughing into phone, 'Oh, nothing, just the telly...' - so I guess that was a mate asking who was dying in the background - cos there was no telly on! :oops:

Think I need my bed now. :roll:

Love and thoughts,

Stitch

• Posted

Hi Stitch

Good on you for getting in there. It WILL get easier, as we all know, if we persevere. Your son/his friends will not be laughing when you can out-walk them! :lol:

PS I also love Bat out of hell and Born to Run

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Confession time. I have slipped back again.

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

etc.

Jacee

• Posted

Hi Jacee, Stitch,

Me too ... hardly moved let alone exercise for a week or more now. I think the darker, colder weather really slows me down and affects my mood to a certain degree too.

I have to be up and out early a.m. tomorrow, but promise to 'Do or Die' on Friday and start putting my back into it again!

Love from Vanessa the Wimp XX

• Posted

Friday it is then

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Saturday it is then.

Jacee :oops:

• Posted

ROFL Jacee.... I'm in same pickle... :oops:
  • Posted

Hi All,

Having been a keep fit enthusiast who loved heavy weight training and running, I took it very hard when I had to stop training, due to myocarditis, and was not allowed to bring my heart up to exercise rate. I loved the training and the high I got out of it and really missed it. I find it difficult to exercise now when I need to as there is a big difference between wanting to exercise because I loved it and exercising because I have to for my healths sake. Also when I started to develop more symptoms of COPD when I was working I hadn't the same energy as before so I can empathise with those who are working with COPD and find it hard to come home and do all that they have to do never mind motivating themselves to do exercise. Having read all your comments re Pulmonary Rehab I am looking forward to starting it if I can get it organised. I think for me I need to change my thinking to, I want to exercise for the benefits rather than, I have to exercise.

Regards,

Robert.

• Posted

[quote:28a73a96a0=\"Jacee\"]Saturday it is then.

Jacee :oops:[/quote:28a73a96a0]

In the New Year it is then - definitely! :tennis:

Jacee

• Posted

Oh dear - I'm really worried for you people keep putting off the exercise, knowing how quickly we de-condition with COPD and how much more difficult it is to come back up to any fitness level and how much the breathing deteriorates without it. Real worried for ya. :?

Just a little every day is good but do try and keep it going. Still I note some are still working so that is good getting out and about but for those that are not getting out it is real important to try and keep something going for your own health's sake.

The good news is humour is getting some exercise and that is a big plus :lol: :wink:

:mrgreen: :biggrin:

Happy Sunday

V

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.