Vasaline, garlic and thread worms? HELP

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey, I found thread worms last night and was up all night with them, I had to go to work at 7am this morning so I'm very irritable. I've been looking after my brother's son for the past 2 weeks so I think maybe that's how I've got them. I heard that vasaline is a good solution, (applying it to your anus) I was wondering if the females can't get out of your anus to lay their eggs due to the vasaline, where will they lay them? I heard that they tend to lay them inside of you if you cover your anus in vasaline or pop a garlic clove up your back passage, so they start their life cycle again, is this true? I'm on the Meb tablets and am fed up of waiting for them to go, me and my boyfriend are going on holidays in 5 days and I don't want to be riddled with worms.x

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for responding, and I apologize for not recontacting within a few days.

Since you and I first posted, I have investigated epacote herb thoroughly and have seen the South Americans have been using the herb to keep check on their worm problems with very much success.  Like everything, however, there is a caveat.  Warning is not to overdo the intake of the herb, because it can be dangerous to some people, as the writngs I read stated.

Come to find out, garlic is very effective at keeping the critters at bay also, as well as a natural antibiotic.  Other herbs that seem to work as an anti worm agent can be found by typing into your Internet Browser - Herbs that kill parasitic worms.  I also discovered there are over 130 known and identified parasitic worms.  So, how is that making you feel just right about now.

Just traveling all over the southern part of America this summer, everywhere I went by public mode of transportation, I saw the large evidence of the invading creatures.  They seem to be everywhere south, and actually can cause discoloration of cars where they are the thickest.  They are airborn and even when I stuck my head out of the house and car, I would immediately feel the critters.  Beside worrying about your house, you should also begin worrying about injesting the things through your nose, into your lungs and going into your stomach and everywhere else within your body, as well.

Detoxing seems to be the key to regaining control.  But, I would believe, once you have them, you will never 100% get rid of them, so taking evasive actons continually for now on, will help keep the critters in check.  The Mexicans and other South American countries make it a habit to detox two times a year, every six months.

I have learned that one Vietnamese citizen, came to America and actually died from the worms, after they infested his lungs.  He apparently had them, and was treated with a heavy dose of steroids that actually help the worms within populate out of control.  That too, is a caveat, especially when it is known that one has parasitic worms within their body.

And a warning to other people that have bird nests, just outside of their homes, in bushes, at the eves of their homes, and near by trees.  If you see them, get rid of them as soon as possible.  One pair of bird mites will have over 58,000 descendents by year end.  And, when all the birds are gone from their nest, guess where the critters go, to get their next blood meal.  They invade your homes through cracks, open windows, and doors.

Make it a habit to always inspect close around your homes at molting time for the birds.  Mites are on the rise, people, global wide.

Thank you again, Sarah, for responding, and I do apologize again for not getting back to you sooner.

Good luck and hope and wish you as well as all the other sufferers all the best in getting control of each of their paracitic predicaments.  

• Posted

Hi ray, thank you so much for your response, will definitley look into buying the herb just to take as a way of keeping them at bay. Although I am thinking of getting cloves also to keep killing the eggs. Like I mentioned previously, there doesn't seem to be any activity tonight (touch wood) and I'm so happy I could cry! I only discovered that I had them 2 days ago and it has bought me down so bad that I feel disheartened and angry to know that people have to go through this for the best part of their lives. I think this is a problem that should be taken a lot more seriously especially as it interfeers with sleep so badly. I am hoping I have gotten rid of the pests, I will take the Meb again in 7 days maybe just to make sure I've killed off the newly hatched eggs. Happy to say that I'll be able to sleep tonight!! Thanks Rae, hope your problem is also sorted, let's hope upon years that there'll be a treatment for these pests.
  • Posted

Thank you also Sarah, and for your promp response.

No, I have had my problem for over 20+ years, off and on.  However, by joining this website, I have found hopefully the answers that will once and for all rid myself of this problem.

It thrills me to learn you seem to have found the answer rather quickly.  And, I have been searching for these answers (apparently in the wrong places) for these number of years.  Doctors have not been one iota understandable or sympathetic, even after paying them for their so called idiotic service to me.  Many people complain of the very same thing.

Regardless, keep us posted on your and your families health.

Warmest and best wishes your way!

• Posted

hi! I am so disheartened to say that the worms are back, must of just been lucky last night. I examined my stool to find lots of them all wriggling, none dead. I was sooo gutted. But it's only been 48 hours since I took the medication so hopefully they'll kick in tonight maybesad I am so disheartened x
    • Posted

Oh how absolutly bloddy !!!!

Take some garlic tabs,if you have them or fresh garlic.Chew up a whole clove !!!Yes I know its strong ,but you need to beat these buggers asap.

Shower before you go to bed and smear vaseline down there,wear little knickers in bed,shower again first thing in the morning before you do anything else.

I have just ordered some homeopatic remedies,as my complaint is the itch all over my body by the little dusty flakey things,that crawl over your body in the day.Gets worse when I am in front of my laptop,suppose its the heat from it ? cant understand how they crawl under your clothes smile Grrr. Poor you.!

• Posted

Oh No! I personally think from experience that meds makes them stronger. Meds don't take out eggs.
    • Posted

hoping to get cloves to kill the eggs, may even take another dose of meb and then another saturday, do you think this is a good idea?
    • Posted

Sarah I googled get rid of Thread worms and found Mumsnet.

Go to Mumsnet loads of mutch better solutions,ideas and homeopatic remedies to learn from.

I have ordered fro Helios the homeopatic firm in kent tablets I am going to take .When they arrive.

• Posted

I've just taken another meb tablet, anna, and i don't know wether it's all in my head but the wriggling seems to have eased and when i went to the toilet I found a dead worm on the paper.. I really hope these go by thursday as I'm going away with my boyfriend and i don't feel like i could share a bed with him if these don't clear up.. 2 more whole days to rid myself of the pests sad
    • Posted

Sarah stop stressing and go find a Mexican supermarket NOW and purchase EPAZOTE drink it tonight or early in d morning....you will be fine.
    • Posted

Sarah my mother in law who is 80yrs old says eat raw pumpkin seeds the only catch is the worms will come out ALIVE
    • Posted

Sorry Sarah.  Please do try the  fresh epazote herb.  I've just ordered, but my research states that South Americans and Mexicans have used this herb for detoxing over the couse of thousands of years.  Twice yearly, every six months, and does work.  Ensure fresh, ground leaves, however, added to water.  When parasitic worms start showing up after a dose of medicines, I would believe the medicine or whatever you took, is working, ridding the critters from your body.  Just a thought.

And, if you live with anyone, they should do the detoxing also, because if they don't, back to square one for you and all those that have detoxed, as the eggs can be anywhere within the home.

I use Borax Detergent along with regular laundry soap.  That seems to help quite a bit, as well.

• Posted

When I was infected I cleansed my entire household got rid of mattress,sheets,pillows and brand new vac. Bleached everything and ran all my dishes through dishwasher.boiled nail clippers,hair combs and threw out any thing and everything that was non washable. Ok I was a bit paranoid or may I say totally insane. I trembled in fear every night and used medical gloves to wipe my butt every time I used the toilet also I would spray Lysol and wipe toilet seats with Clorox wipes. No one else in my household was affected just me....weird ha? I must be a super clean freak for some odd reason an infected person infected me so now I don't visit anyone's home or eat any ones food. I am scared because people are so mean well at least that is what I think. I would not spread worms to anyone if I know I have it,take care of yourself first. Sarah I sympathise with you but please Dear use the herb it works.
    • Posted

There isn't a mexican store anywhere near me as far as I know as I live in a village with just basic stores. I'm going to London on Thursday so where could I get them? and how expensive are they?
    • Posted

If u find fresh? Here in the US we pay .69cents per bunch.wormseed??i don't know I have never purchased them before.
    • Posted

is there another name I would find them by in a supermarket perhaps? or something I could buy in a supermarket to ward them off? honestly even if it's just temporary I'll be happy, I need them gone by Thursday
    • Posted

ray do you know if i could find the EPAZOTE in a supermarket of some sort? I won't be here to recieve it when it comes because I'm away so I'm going to need an alternative that I can pick up instore.
    • Posted

Hi

I wonder if you can tell me, because I can't get fresh epazote leave here, if the dried version would be as effective?.  Thanks

• Posted

Hi Balmpot, I am not sure but try and see I guess anything is worth the try to get rid of pests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.