Vasectomy Pain is very common- be informed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I only know 4 people that have had the snip and two of us have had big problems. I had the snip two months ago and am only just beginning to get over it. I immediately had an infection which caused my bollocks to swell like a melon- this burst the stitches and i got a secondary infection in the wound which no amount of antibiotics would get rid of so the doc had to put Silver nitrate on it to burn it shut. This let to a kidney infection and the pain is only just beginning to subside. I was seriously worried that i would never return to normal life but there is now light at the end of the tunnel for me. Some of the other poor bastards whose stories ive read make me so sad. Men are not imformed of the potential pain or risks. If i had known how much it would damage me i would never have had it done- whats so bad about condoms anyway?

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I has a vascectomy15 years ago. The operation went well with no bad reactions but within a few months my testicals became painful and sensitive. Any slight squeezing and it hurts. I have to be careful not to let my testicals get into a bad orientation or just sitting can squeeze them and cause pain. Sometimes they just hurt all the time for hours or days and there is really nothing I can do about it except take medication or suffer it.

This has persisted for 15 years now and I am wondering if I a reversal could solve the problem. There is a lot of discussion in forums about reversal for reasons of fertility but not much about reversal to relieve the pain.

About 6 years ago I contracted bladder cancer and had to be treated twice and after 5 years was declared clear. I always wonder if there is a link or if anyone else has any such story.

My advice is to find a temporary solution to birth control because my wife is through menopuase now and here I am suffering the long term affects of the snip with no prospects that it will ever get better. So 5-10 years of using condoms or 50 years of pain, you decide. 

• Posted

Reversal can sometimes provide limited relief but can also make problem worse.

Sorry for your pain mate

• Posted

An epidydectomy could also be an option.

It can help alleviate pain, do nothing or as I found out make pain a whole lot worse.

Whatever option you go for to try and ease the pain carries a risk sadly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.