VATS Surgery & Complications

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't even know what group I belong in. I had VATs lung surgery in February 2019 - 1 week after I was home, developed a violent cough that would almost make me vomit. Drs said it was normal - but me on 2 inahlers - they don't work - they tell me they want me on Predisone, but I refuse because of the potential side effects. I have also been nausea since then, and have no appetite. - They told me its normal.

Now I discovered that because of the violent coughing, that two of my ribs on the left side are out (not the right side where I had surgery) and I have pain. Drs. said it is normal for some people because it is muscle-skeltial.

I am still coughing but not as hard or violent -- has anyone experienced this?

One tends to be scared when you get pains on your left side.

I have tried zofran for the nausea but it doesn't help -- they are now going to try Acifex, to see if that calms things down.

Before the discovery lung cancer I was training for a 1/2 marathon in July.I was also very healthy and never had lung problems. My cancer was due to 2nd hand smoke.

Any ideas?? THanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi i had vats resection tripple on right side 15 monthes ago and still have tightness in my chest and pain from nerve damage in my side . i wos finished by my work on medical grounds not good .

• Posted

i dont have cancer but i have lung decese and enphasema having the vats damaged nerves in my side in pain all the time and i am 15 monthes post opp .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.