Venlafaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've had a year of severe depression and have been on venlafaxine 75 for 8 weeks and 150 for 6 weeks. The 75 didn't do a thing but ever since I went to 150 I feel drugged, I can do things that need doing like work but when I sit down I just want to sleep. I'm also on concerta and take Modifanil for tiredness, neither of these are helping. My mood is still low and I have a 'can't be bothered ' attitude to everything

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Anne , i have been on venlafaxine 75 for 1 week , actually it make me more depressed and feel sick all the time , its is normal ?? 
    • Posted

I think it can cause nausea although I was lucky and didn't get it. I've read on these posts that it can make you feel a bit more depressed in the beginning but it should get better x

• Posted

thnx anne , i hope for u to get better , and i hope effexor work soon 
  • Posted

Hi Anne, read your thread with interest because you feel how I'm feeling right now, can't get motivated and want to sleep,all the time, my memory is hocking and I can't seem to get myself going at all. My house is a shocking mess and I can't sort it out, feeling more depressed on 150mg venflaflaxine, mood really flat. I have a 7 year who needs me, but even that doesn't push me to do anything, it's hard just to do things for him, he's my focus, but feel exhausted all the time, feel like a crap mother to him.

any advice on how I can increase my mood??! 

• Posted

I went to doctors last week and she said its no good as it's making me too tired. I'm currently at 112.5 and after a couple of bad anxiety days I'm ok. I'll taper really gradually and possibly move onto Prozac eventually. I could have put up with the tiredness (sort of) but after 4 months there was no change in mood.

• Posted

The only good thing from the drug is that it reduced my physical levels of anxiety, the flight /flight response, but has not Improved my mood levels.

i just go to bed as so tired all the time, it takes so much effort to do anything, go also says I have fibromyalgia, not sure about that??!! I also have got golfers elbow, God knows where that has come from, just know I can't do much physical stuff like I used to do, it's very annoying and makes me feel low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.