Venlafaxine and amitriptyline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is anyone taking ven and amitriptyline? The doctor has gave me the amitriptyline to take at night, 1 pill 10mg to try help with sleeping, I’m just a little worried because they are both antidepressants, I’m a born worrier (anxiety doesn’t help) just looking for some reassurance 😊

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My GP did the same for the same reason. No issues with this. Its used as a relaxant to aid sleep.

• Posted

I've asked my gp for this today but I'm in 225mg of venlafaxine I'm wanting too try just 10mg for insomnia . I've too wait and hear back. How you getting on with it xx

• Posted

I found that it helped me. It didnt stop me waking but I soon went back to sleep.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply how long you been on it and do you take it every night x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.