Venlaflaxin 37.5mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks been on venlaflaxine for 4 weeks 37.5mg still feeling a bit yuk! Nausea / dizzy! Does this go away doctor has said to give it 4 to 8 weeks...im on diazepam 2mg and omeprazole also! Has anyone else got side effects after 4 weeks ! Any help please

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on this horrible drug for 6 months and had all the side effects and more they never went away only got worst I’m now off them and have no side effects at all 
    • Posted

hi carl, i was the same way with citalopram- a horrible drug (for me) with nightmarish side effects... i switched to venlafaxine and it has been a miracle drug for me, saved my life. goes to show we're unique in our chemistry and tolerance. regards

• Posted

That's a pretty low dose of effexor.... I reduced my 75mg to the half pill and instantly felt better...you're feeling like crap at the half pill....so maybe it's the other two plus that one all making a chemical stir fry inside ya. I'd google the meds not to take when on effexor and make sure your other two arent listed.

I feel ok with my 75mg now. Still struggle with restless sleep and therefore getting out of bed at 5am for work...but for the most part...its worked pretty good at keeping my brain between the ditches. Maybe break the pill in half until your body works up to the full dose(?)

Cheers

• Posted

Hi, I,am on venlafaxine for 10 days for anxiety and panic attacks, no really bad side effects been on 75 mgs for 7 days how long does it take to kick in?
    • Posted

Hi we're u on 150mg then reduced to 75mg when did u feel better and at what dose?

• Posted

Hey Susan - No i was started on 75mg and did a half pill 37.5 mg for awhile until i "felt" like any side effects were diminishing. Now i take the 75mg...but i HAVE to take it around 4pm. If i take it any closer to bedtime then i get a very restless (if any) sleep. 

• Posted

My stomach is killing me after a week on 75mg maybe I’ll go back on 37. How long did you stay on 37.
    • Posted

How long did you stay on 37.5 before going back up to 75. What side effects did you have
    • Posted

I was 3 or 4 days at 75mg.....felt stoned. Zero focus...exhausted....nausea...restless....blurred vision. My pharmacist told me to open the capsule and there was two pills inside. To take one pill instead for a week or so....then to experiment..either take the two pills, one morning one at night or take the one pill until I felt better then try the whole capsule again.....that's what I did....still have some nausea....restless sleep...but nothing horrible. I'd say to split up the little pills throughout the day .....my opinion. Less stress on the tummy and yet you're getting the dosage. I stuffed mine in a small piece of cheese and swallowed it to protect my throat ...incase it burned. 

• Posted

Oh and I have excessive sweating from the mess too. Booo
    • Posted

Self Employed Anxieties - family history of depression (mainly the women), but i must have a good dose of my mothers genes - i keep a lot inside and eventually it built up. Diagnosed with OCD as well - not the repeated tap, flick switch OCD - just sudden intrusive thoughts that can overwhelm me at times. Its not a nice feeling. sad
  • Posted

i have been on for 12 days 7 on 75mg, I just tired in the afternoon and stomach growling and lose of appetite. Have the Meds kicked in with the positives yet?
    • Posted

Hi been on them 5 weeks this Tuesday, mood has slightly lifted still have bad days nausea and dizziness, I take my tablet at night and sleep well,im only on 37.5mg so ive no great improvements by 6 weeks doctor will put them up,hope u feel ok
    • Posted

Hi I only feel slightly anxious in morning now or if I get worked up about something so yes they have helped... I am now on 37.5mg at night and 18.75mg during day I'm slowly building up to 75mg per day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.