Venlaflaxin 37.5mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks been on venlaflaxine for 4 weeks 37.5mg still feeling a bit yuk! Nausea / dizzy! Does this go away doctor has said to give it 4 to 8 weeks...im on diazepam 2mg and omeprazole also! Has anyone else got side effects after 4 weeks ! Any help please

0 likes, 41 replies

Report / Delete

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on this horrible drug for 6 months and had all the side effects and more they never went away only got worst I’m now off them and have no side effects at all 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi carl, i was the same way with citalopram- a horrible drug (for me) with nightmarish side effects... i switched to venlafaxine and it has been a miracle drug for me, saved my life. goes to show we're unique in our chemistry and tolerance. regards

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That's a pretty low dose of effexor.... I reduced my 75mg to the half pill and instantly felt better...you're feeling like crap at the half pill....so maybe it's the other two plus that one all making a chemical stir fry inside ya. I'd google the meds not to take when on effexor and make sure your other two arent listed.

I feel ok with my 75mg now. Still struggle with restless sleep and therefore getting out of bed at 5am for work...but for the most part...its worked pretty good at keeping my brain between the ditches. Maybe break the pill in half until your body works up to the full dose(?)

Cheers

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Susan - No i was started on 75mg and did a half pill 37.5 mg for awhile until i "felt" like any side effects were diminishing. Now i take the 75mg...but i HAVE to take it around 4pm. If i take it any closer to bedtime then i get a very restless (if any) sleep. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was 3 or 4 days at 75mg.....felt stoned. Zero focus...exhausted....nausea...restless....blurred vision. My pharmacist told me to open the capsule and there was two pills inside. To take one pill instead for a week or so....then to experiment..either take the two pills, one morning one at night or take the one pill until I felt better then try the whole capsule again.....that's what I did....still have some nausea....restless sleep...but nothing horrible. I'd say to split up the little pills throughout the day .....my opinion. Less stress on the tummy and yet you're getting the dosage. I stuffed mine in a small piece of cheese and swallowed it to protect my throat ...incase it burned. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Self Employed Anxieties - family history of depression (mainly the women), but i must have a good dose of my mothers genes - i keep a lot inside and eventually it built up. Diagnosed with OCD as well - not the repeated tap, flick switch OCD - just sudden intrusive thoughts that can overwhelm me at times. Its not a nice feeling. sad
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i have been on for 12 days 7 on 75mg, I just tired in the afternoon and stomach growling and lose of appetite. Have the Meds kicked in with the positives yet?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up