Vensir 150mg XL can not sleep PLS HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

taken 1x150mg vensir daily with up to 4x40mg propananlol for chronic anxiety disorder heres the thing with vensir after i take it the 1st couple of hours i feel tired and sweat a lot which is bearable then during the day its like it wears of i feel whole body like tingle im so agitated to the point i have to do something til it wears off then i hit bed wrecked only to like get a power nap and wake with the same thing until morning and its a nighrmare never had this feeling until vensir but if i stop vensir fir one day i feel brilliant its the day after im crawlin the walls its so weird i guess im a trial and error monkey until i get one that fits but its so exhausting as i have also 1.a life 2.i have two children any form of response is welcome thankyou......

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't go to bed when you normally would, try staying up an extra hour or so, it doesn't always work but worth a try.

• Posted

Tried phyllisj its jus the agitation is crazy even when im recked it wakes me from my sleep after an hour and in tosen turnin all nite
  • Posted

Hi there

I had the same thing, the sweats do go but found later that agitated is a common side effect when mixed with other tablets. I'm on Ven and was taking Mirt but as soon as I stopped the Mirt the side effects decreased by 90%.

Try to take your tablets throughout the day 150mg is a lot, try taking half in the morning and half with tea. Take your other meds in between. This should stable them out and also ways take with food.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Exactly. When adjusting to 150mg my doctor insisted i take half dose morning and half dose noon to soften the blow until i was more accustomed and only then was i allowed to  have the 150 in one go. Ven is indeed not a sociable drug smile  works best without other drugs in the mix as I have seen from my adventures but also others' experiences over the years. Great advice.

• Posted

I had to add my experiences re. venlafaxine in combination with other drugs. I was on Ven for several years successfully, but then had a serious relapse of depression and anxiety. My psychiatrist added in mirtazapine, and together they have kept me well for more than 6 years now. I have read on the forums of several other people on this combination. I take 150mg venlafaxine with 30mg mirtazapine in the evening, and another 75mg venlafaxine as soon as I wake in the morning.
    • Posted

I have heard and read here of numerous cases where Ven is mixed with mirt. I see they had great results. The point wasn't that they shouldn't be mixed but that in the case of extreme side-effects it is more likely a combination than just ven or the other. Further, as a first line of defence, ven tends to be self-sufficient (after adjustment) for long periods and often until the end. Addition of a second agent in the midst of therapy is done only for those for whom, like in your case, ven appears to have plateaued. Miirt is also a good addition to help those who can't re-learn to sleep on ven smile But for some, the combination can be rather intense. x

• Posted

Yes unfortunately it's always a case of trial and error. I had an unfortunate experience with an SSRI (can't remember which one) which made me feel as though I was drunk after the first few doses, I remember reeling along the street, staggering from one lamppost to the next! It was most embarrassing, since I hadn't touched a drop! I have been lucky to experience few side-effects from venlafaxine or mirtazapine.

• Posted

Its a 150mg tablet neil but i only take propan if the agitation is bad which it is but vensir even when i soli it for more than a week does the same thing its crazy but what i dnt get is it does help anxiety but makes me so tired and low i want to do nothing does this all pass or is it not my med thanks
    • Posted

My doc never done that it was 100 the 150 and propan when needed i replyed to neil the same even when i do feel ok sometimes it makes me so tired and low is this also an adjustment or is it not 4 me thanks
    • Posted

Is mirt the same as propanalol pixie? im doubt it all to b honest i feel a tad lost
    • Posted

Lucky you pixie glad you found a med that says hello in the morning and comforts you when u sleep my med or meds u could say has yet to say hi there im here there is hope my darling
    • Posted

No it's not one is an anti depressant the other is for anxiety

• Posted

Just wondering how long you have been on Vensir, and specifically 150mg? Because after aboout 8 weeks or so you should not be needing an additional crutch of Propranolol or anything else and ought to see with your doctor about phasing out. What you describe sounds like interaction between the two and not necessarily Ven's fault. Ven is an excellent anti-anxiety medication and if it works it rarely requires a side-kick except during adjustment or weaning. Ven must be taken regularly, at roughly the same time, preferably with food and preferably at midday or morning. If it does not disturb your sleep in any way you can experiment taking it at night which is what i used to do in the past to avoid the nausea and irritability during adjustment. Don't experiment with skipping ven to 'see how you feel'. You won't know how you feel until you skip it for a few days or weeks and even then the withdrawal will send you back into a bewildered state that is so unnecessary and won't leave you any wiser.

All the best.

• Posted

Ok but at times when i do feel calm and relaxed is when it knocks me for 6 soo tired and i want to do nothing but sleep and then i wake feeling so low i think ile stick with vensir with no side kick 4 three months to ses if this all shifts did it make u tired at start
    • Posted

Yes it made me feel very very tired at first. Exhausted. My arms were heavy, my legs, i could barely make it through the work-day holding my head upright and on weekends I found it an effort to move from bed to couch. It got better after a couple of months and especially when i forced myself to get back to routine. How long have you been on Ven?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.