Vensir 150mg XL can not sleep PLS HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

taken 1x150mg vensir daily with up to 4x40mg propananlol for chronic anxiety disorder heres the thing with vensir after i take it the 1st couple of hours i feel tired and sweat a lot which is bearable then during the day its like it wears of i feel whole body like tingle im so agitated to the point i have to do something til it wears off then i hit bed wrecked only to like get a power nap and wake with the same thing until morning and its a nighrmare never had this feeling until vensir but if i stop vensir fir one day i feel brilliant its the day after im crawlin the walls its so weird i guess im a trial and error monkey until i get one that fits but its so exhausting as i have also 1.a life 2.i have two children any form of response is welcome thankyou......

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I thank every single one of you whole heartedly you mean the world to me cause only the people who walk the line on these meds or combination of knows how it differs so much person to person ile make this part short my anxiety was out of control i have a web design multi media c programming health and safety accountancy and marketing diploma all well paid jobs i found in my life the only time im happy is with my kids or partner or when ive money and even then when i had anxiety mastered on meds i was so so tired ans felt so depressed i dnt know if this was from the combo or not but i was really really sad and even the sunny days looked dark as hell i felt like count venvamp i jus want to b happy b the rock without every 4 til 5 days curling in a ball can sum1 please assure me has this happened you im on vensir now id say 3 month with propananlol even then i feel like this panic was nothing compared to how down i feel im 28 im so scared and so so lost when before life was so splendid my mum was exactly like this til her mid 20s then wallop but its that far back for her and with my granda just recently buried i would not dare burden her as i would feel selfish because i cant imagine how my mum feels any reply im heavily greatful and thanks once again
    • Posted

I see - 3 months on ven? You should be feeling better by now but again, Propranolol is mixing in and you can't be sure. The dosage of ven may need adjusting. Or indeed it may not be the right medicine for you if you are constantly exhausted. WHat does your doctor say through all this? Is he available for you to discuss? And are you taking any other kind of medication at all? Or alcohol? 

• Posted

I was the same but please know you'll get through it. I'm afraid it is the combination of Ven and prop they don't mix well. Don't come off them but try dropping the dose slightly each week until you feel your on the right dosage. Also with Ven don't take them all at once but stage them throughout the day.

I've also found taking multi vitamins with energy boost can help also playing on a Xbox or PlayStation helps.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

It's a very long time since i took propanalol with ven.  I did need it for a period of time but as the need decreased I bacame more and more like a zombie.  Alarms at various distances from the bed, my 76yr old mother phoning me to get me up and then when i did get up, the aches pains and heavy limbs were almost too much to take.  It did improve after i stopped the propanalol.  My kids do homework in my bed pretty often as I'm too tired to be sitting up any longer, as long as they're with me they seem OK.  I would avoid messing too much with the ven though, if you mess too much with your dosage you run the risk of withdrawal or drug resistance (I did that with prozac).  Peaks and troughs unfortunately, and babysteps with the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.