vertical heterophia

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello....does anyone know anything about vertical heterophia????  I heard theres a doctor in Michigan Debbie Feinberg who specilizes in it...Sadly, I live in New York.......  Surprising, AI spoke to a doctoe who is lik one hour and a half to two hours from me who was trained by her.......Dr. Cheryl Berger-Israeloff....... Any info is greatly appreciated.....

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ,so nice to talk to people that understand , I just cant over how bad my eyes feel when I'm walking around , when I had this first in 1998 , they could not find anything wrong after tests , including lumber puncture , in the end they told me to treat like a stroke and train my brain , in fact one doctor told me I was talking rubbish , now I feel the same , its a nightmare , I love my job , and I work in a charity shop on the shop floor , also look after gran children ,and it's all come to a stand still , my husband is worried as he can see by my eyes that I'm not right and for me not to get in the car , there's somthing wrong , no meds seem to help , do you feel like there's something moving in your head , I'm so light headed  and of balance , some one said to me must be nice feeling drunk all the time , I could of cryed , 
    • Posted

My eyes are also the same,they feel so weird its hard to describe it,I'm off balance all the time and some days I can barely walk,I'm so tired and weak too. My doctors look at me like I'm crazy and I don't think all my family and friends believe me or understand as I look normal.I've not got an appointment with ent for 6 more weeks,its a scary feeling,I won't go out alone as I just feel too weird,hope your not to bad today?take care Lisa x
    • Posted

I have cried...go see another doctor......I know here in New york there is only one dr who tests for vertical heterophia......I would also go see another eye doctor....I cant tell you how many doctors I have seen and I am still at it.....Its really exhusting and I want to feel good for Christmas and get my life back........I was getting like fullness in my head like my head was swelling inside......sounds crazy........what are they treating you for that your on meds.......What meds are you on....All I want to do is eat and sleep...everything is an effort........
  • Posted

Strange thing is I went to the doctor with a bad shoulder last January , said it was a frozen shoulder , had me in for a scan with in a week , sorted me out , but this they dont seem to worry , I swear its because its because they dont belive and cant see whats wrong , 
    • Posted

make sure they understand you needed to leave your job  having alot of trouble driving.etc........I can get so bad that i fell to the ground
  • Posted

Hi , I have been on stemitil and various others like that , nothing seems to help , I'm just so fed up now , as like I said before cant seem to explain how I feel , I really want to be well for christmas , so much going on , even a little better would be something , and longing to get back to work , I love it there , even though it so busy , in fact their extending the b anb side of things , opening next march , which I'm involved in , so hoping to get back soon , , we are looking after our granddaughters next weekend , overnight , and I'm worried about it really , the baby is only 4 month s , so concerned how I will manage , my husband will be here though , so between us we should manage , but I get so upset that its like this , and cant make out why you go to bed fine and wake up like this for weeks on end , there's got to be a reason , 
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel...I wish I could give you a magic pill and let it all go away.....but sadly it does't work that way.......I'm sorry but what did your doctor say are your next steps??  Right now you must think and take care of you.....You have to....otherwise you won;t be able to take care of anyone or anything else........avoid meats with nitrates and MSG along with the other list of stuff.......bread must be at least a day old  includes pizza......
    • Posted

Try when you do get dizzy try to focus on one thing even a spec on the wall...sit on chair feet flat on floor  after it stops wait ten seconds more ...see if that helps
    • Posted

by the way congrats on your grandson!!!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.