vertigo, plugged ears and swollen gland under right ear.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had symptoms of dizziness, blurred vision, off balance since the 7Th. Now for a few days the gland or nerve under my right ear is sore.

Waiting for appointment with ent, has anyone had this problem.

Thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Google Vertical Heterophoria which is an eye issue. Also could be wisdom teeth or your SCM muscle. Problem is your symptoms can be a lot of things ENT is a good starting point.
    • Posted

Hello rocksolid.......Had a very bad day yesterday.........my insurance company said it will take like 3 to 4 months before all is approved with dr Cherly..........I cant believe it but just for the testing I thought I would be laying out alot more money.....but we will see......I am going to call them tomorrow because on code needs a pre authoriztion...I think its the eye exercises...they dont cover refractio and extended time....not exactly sure what she is going to charge me for that....I definetely cant drive there...so I will be taking amtrac and then switching over to LIRR........I am not going to be able to wait four months........today was not good either........having alot of trouble driving even 10 mins from house......Sounds bad but I hope this is the problemneutral  Hanging on in there!!!!!
  • Posted

hello I would also make an appt with an opthamalogist not a optamatrist to get your eyes checked.....I would not wait......
  • Posted

Hi Angie,I have had this problem 11 weeks now and eyes are blurred but mostly my right one,I haven't been able to work as the dizziness is really bad,if the gland or nerve is sore you might have a virus or it could be a inner ear infection,have you taken any antibiotics?take care lisa
    • Posted

Thank You Lisa

This whole ordeal is so aggravating The Dizziness, off balance, ringing and feeling of clogged ears mainly the right one.

Have been taking amoxicillin now and nothing seems to work. GP said I Have an inner ear problem.

Usually if i put an ice pack in the back if my neck, helps calm some of the symptoms.

I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Lisa I have been taking a antihistamine before I go to sleep and I find that the dizziness is not as severe.
    • Posted

Thank you Angie,I've tried antihistamine and it helps a little,also i use a heat pad on my neck to ease symptoms.I'm on a pill called stemital which is a great help but sedates both ears so your not off balance but you can't stay on it forever,are you able to go out/work etc? I don't go out alone as my dizziness has got too bad.take care,lisa
    • Posted

Hello Lisa

Well I Just got back frim ER because I Had Another bad episode. My dizzy spells get so bad I feel like i am having a heart attack. Thus is so frustrating because I am not able to do my regular activities. I am not able to work and can barley drive. The doctors in er look at me like i am crazy or on drugs. sad

I wish i could find someway of feeling better or making this go away.

• Posted

Hi Angie...I was the the same.... Couldnt drive for five months....my head was like....cant even describe....I have migraines associated with vertigo.....Vestibular migraines....I have been seeing a headache doctor I know that sounds funny she is a neurologist but deals with migraines .....since the end of September on meds which is trail and error and takes like 3 weeks to a month to work completely  but feeling much better.....going to stores driving etc....these meds r not the best  but i will be weened off when I am ready...not quite there yet
    • Posted

Hi Angie,I know how you feel,I get so bad I panic as it scares me,I get so bad I feel like I'm going to be admitted to hospital or a few times die,I get so dizzy my eyes go blurred and feel like there going inwards,can't focas,I haven't had a bad episode for 2 weeks but if I feel a bad one coming I go to bed and rest,put TV on to get mind if it,doesn't go away but eases symptoms, I have a hit milky drink and keep warm,after 3 days I'm usually able to potter to shops or park with my girls.I've got a ent appointment on Thursday.if you need to talk I'm here,as I know how frustrating and scary it can be,I have days where I just cry as I miss work and going out with my kids,take care,lisa
    • Posted

You need to switch antibiotics. Also, I've found that if you take amoxicillin it needs to be additional dose, so 875 mg, 3xdaiky. It takes about a week to stop attacks IF amoxicillin will help. Alternatives are Cipro and Keflex, although I just finished a 14 day dose of Leviquin (didn't do much better than amox!)
    • Posted

Hi Angie

You sound exactly like me. Not many others speak of clogged ears as you have. With me its the left one....clogged for 3 months. Do you get pain or pressure in your ears as well?

Have you gotten a diagnosis?

• Posted

Hi Debbie

With me it is my right ear. I feel it clogged with lots of pressure and i find that that ear is really sensitive to loud noise and i also get ringing. My left ear seems okay but it pops a lot.

I go to see the ent on the 21st. My regular doctor says that there is somethin . Going on with my inner ear. So i am praying that i find out something Soon.

• Posted

Gosh Angie! Ringing and pressure and dizziness? You've got it all. I'm sorry you're suffering too. How long have you had these symptoms? Have you been for a hearing test?
    • Posted

I have had these symptoms fir a month now.

I have an appointment with the ent on the 21st

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.