Very scared 22 years old

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey I'm very worried .

I keep getting chest arm finger and neck rib ect pains (horrible) these started last week but worse this week finger pain is the worse so far so painful I went to doctors he checked my oxygen which was 90 I freaked out he said it could be my cold hand he asked me to keep taking deep breaths I took about 8 before it went up to 98 and kept dropping back to 94 ect .

He sent me to hospital to check for a blood clot hospital refused because my oxygen there was 96-98 and my heart rate was fast that's all they could see I have been having really bad breathlessness laterly just walking up stairs or around the corner I'm huffing and puffing I'm only slim so not over weight or anything I walk everywhere so not unfit I'm really worried I have a blood clot and been refused in the nurses words "the doctor won't check you for a clot because your in child bearing years and too young to have one " I'm 22 woth two children ! I know I could have one but they don't care to make it worse I have anxoety so it's now causing panic attacks and making the breathing problems worse

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Stephx,  Sorry to hear you are still having problems, and I know your feelings exactly with A&E,  I am now at the stage I do not want to visit them at all and our local Doctors take ages to get an appointment. Last week my Doctor gave me some sleeping tablets to get a nights sleep after 7 days I am still waiting for them to work !.

Every 3 to 4 days while lying in bed in the middle of the night I get an excrutiating pain that lasts about 35 mins from the top of the calf on my left leg just below the knee, cocodamol does not ease it. Has anyone else had this and found a way to stop it.

Thanks.

• Posted

A couple.months ago I had this it wasn't cramp so I don't know if this is what your getting but I looked up as do your legs go dead a lot too ? It could be restless leg syndrome ?though it's best to get it checked I think that's why a&e sent me away because my legs wasn't swollen but then I've heard they don't always have to be ?
    • Posted

No it is not cramp, it is a severe ache., but above the knee half the length of my thigh has no feeling since the Septicimia last September. My leg does swell and I wear a surgical stocking in the day time. What runs through my mind is fears that this is a pain of clots being made.  A friend has suggested than rather than going to see your regular hospital and local doctor, go away to friends 50 to 100 miles away and call in to an A&E there, as they will have no records and maybe look at the problems without a past history and an open mind.  Like you it is where to go next and who will really advise. ( Damn site easier to break an arm or a leg as they all seem to be able to fix that sort of thing.)
    • Posted

You know I was thinking about that just wish it was so easy to just go travel somewhere for the day to go to a hospital to actually be checked lol yeah that does not sound too bad my pains been above my knee and it's not cramp it's like a sharp pain I can't even describe it I feel I can't move my leg it's that painful I mentioned it at hospital but because it's upper leg not bottom she ignored me
    • Posted

Well have just had another 24 hours in hospital with leg and chest pain, to be told definitely no heart problems or blood clots as blood tests all Ok.  Registrar said sleeping tablets not strong enough, stop wearing support stocking as only bringing pressure from foot to knee and will have to go for camera in stomach as lining could be torn causing refluxes as chest pain. Ended up with anti sickness tablets and Amitryptylene to take on top of everything else.  I actually find you can ask more questions to the Registrars and get answers rather than the Consultants who are too often spouting out their own views and think they are above you and forgetting we at the end pay their wages.
    • Posted

Supertractorman,

I am living with the uncertainty that my body/bones/blood/cells/life energy is prone to creating clots, it preys on my mind constantly- in my case almost neurotic.

To an extent, solving DVT/PE is morphing into an obsession of mine. And i have no wellness program to follow!

I've just Googled 'clot busting diet' and I am trying to mould my whole lifestyle around mitigating clots from the inside out.

I am due to see haematology in April and undergo some tests hopefully to find out the cause. It is likely my anticoag treatment will change, so that my blood can be properly checked. I hope the doctors know what they are looking for....

I need to know why- I refuse to accept its down to luck, hereditary, lifestyle 'its just one of those things...'

Did another long walk this morning and am upping the resistance exercises. I have still got tight breathing, maybe more so this week. Lump feeling in chest still there- no pain though.

• Posted

Like you it is possible to imagine things worse than they are, and focus on trying to get answers. There are Doctors who can give loads of answers and it is finding them which is the hardest thing to do within the NHS.

I think haematology should be a great help as they can examine the blood properly and trace where any abnormalities may be coming from, but ask plenty of questions, even if you take a list with you to act as a prompt. The other thing is trying to remember how different things have happened and how acute the pain is 1 to 10 and describing if it is a sharp pain, dull ache etc.

Hope you get some answers soon to put your mind at rest.

• Posted

Try ringing 111, (what used to be NHS Direct), and speak with them.  I have found as soon as I have mentioned having chest pains they send an ambulance/paramedic and take me to A & E!  At least then you can say it was someone else's decision for you to go to A & E.  Try and get them to do the D -Dimer blood test for you.  If this comes back negative it means you have not had a DVT/PE but if it comes back positive it means you MAY have had one and they will investigate further, (sometimes false positives happen tho!).  Good luck with it all, I can really empathise, it is a scary place to be.
    • Posted

Thank you .

My doctor sent me to hospital though with a letter so it wasn't me just turning up and they still did not do anything . I will try ringing them later though as it's getting ridiculous now at least if I didn't have one. Then I can put my mind to rest it was my doctor that suspected a dvt aswell not me I told them this as it stated on the letter but they did not listen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.