Very scared/brink of sanity anyone heard of this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

The thoughts I get.

What is life?

What am I? 

What is this I'm living?

Who am I? 

Who are these people who are my family?

I've lost all rationality....

I've lost my self....

I can't go on....

Then it's like it all clicks into place, I've just woken up to the fact this life isn't real...

I'm so scared of these thoughts and feelings I feel I can't carry on....

Then I get intense fear and madness rush through me.

I also feel very spaced out alot of the time and in my own little world.

When I'm anxious the feelings are unbearable to the point I've tried to section myself, life is unbearable.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello smile

It's very common to feel like that during anxiety it's called derealization what you are feeling harmless but scary

• Posted

I used to think the panic attacks were bad but this has gone to whole new level....
    • Posted

I've always been an anxious introvert but never thought I'd actually go insane... just thought I was unique.
    • Posted

I once heard someone say if you were going insane you wouldn't think you were if that makes sense lol you will get through this I know it's hard :\
    • Posted

I was the same with depression I thought nothing can be as bad as that, Ive struggled with it for many years had good and very bad times but in the whole managed to hold down a job and keep a roof over my head, but anxiety, ive had it 3 months and Ive had to quit my job because I cant function with it.

But what Im doing now is trying to now is learning to live with it

• Posted

One thing I have noted is if I'm in extream calm my kind feels like it can cope... but never last that long... usually when I wake up in the morning I'm more grounded. After my minds rested.
    • Posted

Me too after I wake up it not as bad weirdly enough
    • Posted

Anxiety can and does lead to depression which accesses you to more symptoms and oddities. Hopefully you have a counselor to guide you through all this and if needed perscribe medications.
    • Posted

Mine was the opposite Ive had depression for 16 years and never had anxiety and 3 months ago it reared its ugly head.

Is that unusal?

• Posted

You can't go insane.  You just need to break the "brain lock" of anxiety.  What are you doing to deal with you anxious thinking?
  • Posted

Fancy getting my hands on some anti psychotics because antidepressants were aweful
    • Posted

are you seeing things or hearing things that are not there?  If not, then they won't prescribe you antipsychotics. Maybe antidpressants and anti-anxiety meds?
  • Posted

This is exactly how I feel, like constantly weird?? Its crazy to think it's not only me
    • Posted

Ino it's a bizarre feeling, feel like I've opened a gateway in my brain that I am gonna struggle to close...
    • Posted

I was told to read dark places of the soul it's a buddhist book and apparently it's all about the what we're going through... It's ment to help.
    • Posted

Meditation doesn't work for everyone and is said to make derealization worse
    • Posted

Meditation is great I'm into buddhiest stuff and tbh tammy it's the only thing that has atually grounded Me. ... If done properly and positively.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.