Very sensitive penis head, red, small bumps on head, not smooth or shiny.

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a 23yr old male, and I've been suffering with a rough, bumpy penis head for some time (see pics), which is red, and very sensitive to the touch.

5 or so years ago I started off with having PPP, as diagnosed by the local gum clinic. More recently I have had pelvic pain, aswell as aches when passing urine down my penis, aswell as a very sensitive, red, penis head. This makes sexual encounters all but embarassing, due to the sensitive nature leading to severe PE. As part of seeing the doctors / clinics, I have had full blood tests, STI/STD check at the GUM clinic twice, and have been referred for phyisio by the consultant for Pelvic physio, as he believes I have chronic pelvic strain. 

Whilst going through this, I'd like to sort my red, itchy penis head. When at the gum clinic in the past I have asked about this, and told to change body shampoo. I've done this with little change. I'd really like a healthy penis head, so was wondering if there was a health cream or something to apply to the head? I've seen coconut oil, but am unsure. This redness seems to flare up moe when erect, but the lumpy, unsmooth texture remains, which concerns me. I'm aware of the PPP on my penile rim, but this looks different?

Another symptom i've been anxious about (and told not to worry by the consultant), was thinner, watery like ejaculate, sometimes clear, sometimes whiter, but still watery. In the past this has been thicker, which does concern me, along the red sensitive penis head. have been to the docs several times about the redness / pain, having several (atleast 5+) urine tests, all coming back clear. 

Are there any suggestions for cream or a treatment? 

Many Thanks

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

use a glucocorticoid like betamethasone 2 times a day for 3 weeks. wash with regular solid soap

• Edited

I have the exact same thing for over a month now. I've seen have conflicting diagnoses or practically tell me I'm being paranoid. Used to be completely smooth now it hurts every day and is extremely bumpy. Been on clotrimazole-betamethasone but is doesn't seem to help.

Before this happened I was getting mouth sores to which one doc suspected it was viral, possibly herpes (test are negative but there are 8 types and most everyone only tests for 1 and 2) though according to my research HPV (over 100 strains) can also cause mouth sores and genital growths. Taking into account the timing of the symptoms I have to assume they are related.

The only other thing that I can find that looks almost exactly like this is "penis keratinization" which is supposed to be benign which normally happens to those who are circumcised but it isn't supposed to be painful.

Don't suppose anyone here has gotten a definitive diagnosis yet of what this is?

• Edited

I haven't heard anybody mention HPV, could it be warts? I have a similar problem, doctors don't see it. To be it looks like an early stage of HPV, I'm really worried my glans is going to be invaded... what do you guys think? Some background; unprotected sex with someone who said was cleaned but ended up telling me she had Chlamydia and herpes, but I wouldn't be surprised if she also had warts inside.

• Posted

im dealing with the same exact problem with the same exact symptoms and its ruining my life. have u found a cure ??

• Posted

i hv the same problem. done all the typical std test multiple times n try some topical ointments n saw a dermatologist n urologist. I've got it for 4 yrs and it's mad uncomfortable and had burning sensation. its goes away sometimes n flares up other times. visited bunch of sites and seems nobody has any solution. they even took a piece of skin n ran some tests. that was painful. i feel like its gotten worst. now i feel some back pain when it flares up and bladder pain as well. i feel like it will affect other areas if i dont get this figured out. also has some blood in my urine as well. they put a camera in my uretha n look at the bladder, everything looks normal. so frustrating!

• Posted

Has anyone ever linked this to a form of depression? I had this years ago for ages did all the tests, all came back negative and eventually found a doctor that put me on amytriptaline, this surprisingly worked and i stayed on it for 3 years. 2 years ago i got off amytriptaline and had no issues until now. i recently got sick and never recovered (8 months ago), essentially chronic fatigue, again all the tests and doctors have no idea, but now the redness and the pain is coming back after 5 plus years of no issues. I find it hard to accept that such a specific pain would be caused by depression/ stress but it does line up. Anyone else able to link it to stress?

• Posted

ask if you can get tested fir hpv im not syre what it could be

• Posted

Suffering from the same thing here for a year and a half now. Honestly wondering if circumcision would cure it. Anyone here circumcised with this?

• Posted

greetings Midas. i had exactly your case, a bit worse than yours. i was advised on this and it really helped me. do the following. stop using soap or shampoo to wash your penis. use only running water. reduced long time stay on sex or masturbations. for atleast one month. after washing your penis with water, apply palm carnel oil rub in the redish area of your pennis. within one week you will get a good result. after one month thank me later

• Posted

i have had this for past year it has ruined my life. Mentally, I have been tested and all comes back negative. If you find any information, please let me know. i dont evan masturbate or have sex anymore because it gets worse i think its a unknown disease, because from what I read, nothing works and no doctors can figure it out. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

• Posted

i have had this for past year it has ruined my life. Mentally, I have been tested and all comes back negative. If you find any information, please let me know. i dont evan masturbate or have sex anymore because it gets worse i think its a unknown disease, because from what I read, nothing works and no doctors can figure it out. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.