Very sensitive penis head, red, small bumps on head, not smooth or shiny.

Posted , 31 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a 23yr old male, and I've been suffering with a rough, bumpy penis head for some time (see pics), which is red, and very sensitive to the touch.

5 or so years ago I started off with having PPP, as diagnosed by the local gum clinic. More recently I have had pelvic pain, aswell as aches when passing urine down my penis, aswell as a very sensitive, red, penis head. This makes sexual encounters all but embarassing, due to the sensitive nature leading to severe PE. As part of seeing the doctors / clinics, I have had full blood tests, STI/STD check at the GUM clinic twice, and have been referred for phyisio by the consultant for Pelvic physio, as he believes I have chronic pelvic strain. 

Whilst going through this, I'd like to sort my red, itchy penis head. When at the gum clinic in the past I have asked about this, and told to change body shampoo. I've done this with little change. I'd really like a healthy penis head, so was wondering if there was a health cream or something to apply to the head? I've seen coconut oil, but am unsure. This redness seems to flare up moe when erect, but the lumpy, unsmooth texture remains, which concerns me. I'm aware of the PPP on my penile rim, but this looks different?

Another symptom i've been anxious about (and told not to worry by the consultant), was thinner, watery like ejaculate, sometimes clear, sometimes whiter, but still watery. In the past this has been thicker, which does concern me, along the red sensitive penis head. have been to the docs several times about the redness / pain, having several (atleast 5+) urine tests, all coming back clear. 

Are there any suggestions for cream or a treatment? 

Many Thanks

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello. What do you mean byPPP? Have you tried any hydrocortisone cream?
  • Edited

Hi! For PPP I was reffering to the white spot like lumps on my penis rim, as the doctors in the past have said this is Pearly Peninile Papules.

Im concerned as the penis head seems all borken up, spot like roughness / redness, and is incredibly sensitive during any sort of sexual activity, leading to PE, and a loss of confidence and anxiety over why it is not smooth and not red.

Thanks

• Edited

hello i  was wondering if you have found a solution for this as i may have the same issue. are you cured or continuing to experience these issues.
  • Posted

Hi I am very keen to hear any news on your condition...have been suffering from exactly the same thing for quite a while and have had all the tests done to no avail. Tried hydrocortisone and kenacomb ointment with no change, also had a course of doxycylene which did not help either. I am an uncircumcised male so the foreskin is also affected, the intermittent clear discharge and urethral discomfort is the same too. Sometimes it feels as if there is a sudden itching pinch in the urethra which will come and go but only last a second or so.

This condition is extremely frustrating and causes a lot of anxiety, would love to find an answer. Since I have been suffering the symptoms (roughly 10 months) I have also noticed ppp appearing where there wasn't any before. The glans becomes extremely sensitive and painful at times, and as far as I can tell this all began from a thrush infection, which died down but then all this started. I have tried multiple antifungal topical creams and my urethral swabs have also come back negative for fungal infection.

Would love to know what is going on so any news would be great!

• Posted

Hi gregory02176, Did you have sex with anyone before. If so, then is it one or many partners. I have similar condition for few months now. I had sex with multiple partners in the past and stopped everything since an year. I have tested for major STI's and all showed negative. I consulted venerologist and he said, it looks like balanitis. I used betamethasone and cliniqol cream and its better from last couple of days. I am also applying coconut oil with a couple of drops of tea tree oil in the night, slightly ok, but the sudden itching pinch is still there. Its frustrating.

• Posted

I’m in a very similar boat as you guys. My penis head has small bumps and not smooth like it use to be. When I retract the foreskin, it somewhat sticks to my penis head. Sometimes I get a sharp sudden pinch at the top of my urethra. At times the tip of my urethra burns especially after urinating. This has been going on for 15months. It all started when I got drunk at a work function and a CSW performed oral sex on me for around 5 seconds. I have seen 3 different dermatologists and 4 different urologists plus other GP’s in between. Had so many tests done over and over. All doctors tell me nothing is wrong but it’s had to believe them since this started 1 week after the encounter. I have been trying to tell my self that it’s stress and anxiety but the symptoms are hard to look past. Have you guys got it sorted? Diagnosed with anything that is true? Can’t wait for this chapter of my life to be over.

• Posted

Bro, I think you need to undergo circumcision asap.

Pearly penile papules are considered a normal variant and harbor no malignant potential. They are not contracted or spread through sexual activity.

Pearly penile papules are observed more frequently in uncircumcised males; however, the mechanisms underlying their development remain unknown. Interestingly, in uncircumcised males with pearly penile papules who undergo circumcision later in life, regression of the papules is commonly observed.

• Posted

Circumcised men get PPP too.  Personally, I'd pay a year's salary rather than get circumcised.

• Edited

Hi all,

Firstly I apoligiase greatly for the slow response! 

I've been using man1man oil for the past few weeks now, and there is still redness, and the lumps and bumps are still there. 

The skin still feels 'red raw' to speak, very sensitive. I'm thinking of continuing with the man1man oil, and wearing loose fitting underwear to help the situation. Does this look 'normal' to you? I've been to the docs several times over the past couple years of this, everytime I get dismissed, last time I was told to change my bath shampoo.

Thanks

• Posted

Sorry, but man1man oil looks like a scam to me.  In your position, I'd probably use nothing at all, or maybe canesten cream or coconut oil.

Your glans doesn't actually look that unusual to me.  You might have mild balanitis, but it's not clear from the pics, and it sounds like the doctors didn't mention it.  If you do have it, then these links may help:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro (written for doctors)

Wash your penis (including behind foreskin) with water at least once a day (I wouldn't use any soap), and urinate and wash after you've ejaculated.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Hi, my name is Mike and I am 34 years old. My glans looks very similar to yours with small papules all over it. I’ve suffered with this for roughly 10 years now. They’re so sensitive that the thought of moving and having it rub my boxers is unbearable. I’ve been to about 15 doctors over the last 10 years trying to figure out what it is. I even had an area biopsied to be sure it wasn’t hpv or cancer. Results came back normal and everyone tells me nothing is wrong with it. I ended up modifying the silky cover that comes with a pair of sunglasses to fit around it and tie it on everyday and that has been a life changer as I don’t have to think about it rubbing my clothes. I first started by just wrapping syran wrap around it which also worked well but was more cumbersome to remove and put back on. So you’re not alone here buddy. It’s still so sad that I have to worry about it getting rubbed when getting intimate, and that sex isn’t as pleasurable as it once was. This has led to ED and PE for me as well sad Please let me know if you figured anything out since you last posted on here! Otherwise, please resort to a technique like mine in order to make living with this more tolerable. Cheers 

-Mike

• Posted

sir , how you get rid from this read bumps,, please suggest,, i m suffering this by last 1 yeay, please

• Posted

Did you find a solution? mine looks almost identical to yours - redness in the same area and I can see little tiny bumps where the redness is (not on your corona, but the glans)

• Posted

I have the same problem brother 😦

i bought now a creme in amazon. i hope it will be better. i have this s**t for 6 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.