Very, very down due to ongoing sinus issues, please help me understand what's happening

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I already have really bad health anxiety. Now I am dealing with something I have never dealt with before.

In February I was diagnosed with influenza A. It seemed mild. But then two weeks later I started to see little green chucks come out of nose. And I noticed a lot of congestion. I seem less plugged up during the day. But during the night I feel it the worst. It's especially bad in whichever nostril is facing down when I sleep on my side. And I get that constant feeling of a lump in throat like I need to swallow. And when I blow my nose, it's sometimes clear but I'll also get some green with occasionally a little blood in it. I don't really have a lot of mucus. I have to work hard to get what comes out to come out.

My main doctor prescribed Augmentin. Almost finished and didn't seem to be make much difference.

Do any of these symptoms sound strange to you? Is it normal to still have green stuff coming out of your nose after three weeks? Does this sound like sinusitis or could it be something else? Nasal cancer? Should I be worried?

I just think it's odd that my body would not have fought it off by now if it was a virus. And now the antibiotic didn't work so it's not bacterial? Please help. Maybe it would help to hear others have experienced something similar?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.