Very worried - waiting for endocrinologist

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

You've probably read this a million times but am new to all this!! Started over the past few months with anxiety, mood swings, crying, racing heart adn being hot all the time. Went to the docs initially as I thought it was anxiety. She was great and ordered bloods asap and gave me propranolol for anxiety. Thyroid came back "not normal" and just had an ultrasound showing lots of small nodules. Anyway my concern is the meds - ive been referred to an endocrinologst but she hasnt prescribed me anything - just told me to take propranaolol 10mg x 3 a day. Just scared as I dont want to get worse!! Anything I can do while I wait? xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

Oh Well done!!..the time will go quick..all the very best.

Let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Hi All!

Just an update- went back to the docs today as my breathing been quite bad. She was lovely and has put me on 5mg twice a day of carbamazole - any advice on when to take? X

• Posted

hii

If your endocrinologist is not "concerned" about monitoring levels, ask them outright to be tested on a regular basis.  It will give you peace of mind and force them to pay attention to your situation.

Endocrinologists treat people who suffer from hormonal imbalances, The overall goal of treatment is to restore the normal balance of hormones found in a patient's body. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.