Vesicare and Myrbetriq

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone on here ever taken Vesicare or Myrbetriq?

If so, how effective were they, and what were the side effects?

These are supposed to be bladder relaxants, and many people have reported good results with them when dealing with urinary frequency, but others have reported significant side effects.

Thanks,

Neal

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Vesicare is much better then Myrbetriq. I have IC and Vesicare did best for me. Probably why it's so expensive.

• Posted

Thanks for your help. About what do you weigh, and what dose do you use?

Neal

• Posted

I weigh 225 lbs and take 5 mg of Vesicare in the morning
    • Posted

Thanks again for your help. That's very useful information.

Neal

• Posted

Hello Neal.........I was taking Myrbetriq 25mg.  It did good for the first week.  Then I had to stop.  I was only going once a day in the morning no matter what I had to drink.  Back to normal 2 to 3 times a day...Which is good  Ken
    • Posted

Hi Kenneth,

If you normally go (urinate) 2-3 times a day, why were you taking Myrbetriq in the first place, if you don't mind my asking? That's less than most "normal" men do.

Neal

• Posted

My urologist give me it to help because I was having a stent put in and had a problem.  Had a reaction to the dye they use.  It first stopped me from going and they when I got out of the hospital I  felt like I had to go all the time.    Stood there but nothing would come out.  So he gave it to me to relax my bladder.  It relaxed it to much....  Ken
    • Posted

PS  I have all ways had a good bladder.  I could hold it for hours. That was until my prostate lobes were touching.  I had a Uro-lift done in April of 2015 All good now.  Tak care  Ken     
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your help. That's an interesting story.

Neal

• Posted

My former urologist prescribed myrbetriq, and gave me one month of the drug, with instruction that at least two months of use would be necessary to produce results. On my prescription plan, my share of the one month supply was $140. At the end of two months, I had no positive effects, but my blood pressure was up from 120/80 to  160/110, my anxiety level was up enough to interrupt my sleep nearly as much as the nocturia. I had started developing daily headaches and was experiencing constipation. I did not refill the prescription or go back to that uro.
  • Posted

Neal, I took Vesicare and Myrbetriq.  The latter has cancer as a side effect, albeit it's a statistically small risk.  I stopped taking them.  What I'm about to describe [u]may[/u] be of relief to you.  Don't void your bladder when you feel the urge.  Instead, start by withholding.  Doesn't have to be for a long period of time, but you want to gradually increase the retention time - over a period of three months.  This technique is called "bladder retraining."  Look it up.  Even though I'm giving you my anecdotal results, this technique worked for me.  I was dribbling, and I don't even play basketball.  While I ditched the aforesaid drugs, I do take oil of pumpkin seed extract which, in all fairness, may be a complete waste of time and money.  That said, how many times have we heard that we should get our vitamins from food?  THE singular food that seems to have helped me is pumpkin seeds.  As always, before getting crazy, consult with your healthcare professional.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that cancer is a possible side effect.

The pumpkin seeds sound good too.

How did the bladder stretching work out?

Neal

• Posted

How did the Vesicare work out, or did you not try it?

Neal

• Posted

Hi ALan-

I agree with your theory. I have been doing this and my daytime urges subsided especially when I am preoccupied. BUT...when I am in a horizontal position in bed I can't sleep through the urges. I tried Ambien to see if I had a deeper sleep, I wouldn't be aware of the urges as much. Not sucessful. I still get up much to much in the night. Some nights worse than others. A good night is 3X. Fortunately I can fall back to sleep but it has really hurt my quality of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.